Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Butorphanol Tartrate........... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Butorphanol Tartrate...........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Butorphanol Tartrate...........  (Read 463 times)
Timo

Email

Butorphanol Tartrate...........
« on: Mar 24th, 2002, 4:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Butorphanol Tartrate or Stadol                   Can someone please tell me more about this medication. It's what my neurologist has been prescribing to me for about 5 years now along with Imitrex, Prendisone, and in the past Verampamil. It seems to work and also helps me to sleep a little but I'm wondering if it may be causing rebound HA's and nose bleeds. It also seems very addictive. Should I ask about something else?   Thanks    Timo Undecided
IP Logged
Lee

Email

Re: Butorphanol Tartrate...........
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 12:37pm »

As there wasn't much of an alternative at the time I used Stadol for three years. I found a constant need to increase the dose to achieve the same level of relief, some people call that addiction. As soon as I got my hands on Imitex I dumped the stadol. If Imitrex is working for you and you can stay within the two doses / 24 hrs window I would stay with Imitrex. By the way I used Stadol almost every day and stopped using cold turkey with no ill effects. That sort of disproves the addictive theory (else I would have had some kind of withdrawl), you will find posted all over the archives, but that is just my opinion and I could be wrong. To search this subject which has been discussed at great length, click on the search button, upper right.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 1:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

On rare occassion I will get a rebound ha from stadol.  I also find tollerance builds up quikly so I make sure I use spareinly.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Timo

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 1:52pm »

Thanks Lee and Karla for your response. I didn't know if the side effects I am feeling this time around were from the Stadol or some other medication I am on. Since I've been on Stadol in the past and never really showed any side effects from it then I should have known. But then again each cycle I get acts differently and then so maybe the meds do too. Thanks for reassuring me.  P.S. thanks Lee for letting me know about the search tab.                    Timo Smiley
IP Logged
Lee

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 10:30pm »

Timo, one thing I forgot to mention. Imitrex injections are the choice of most clusterheads, the pills don't seem to get the job done.

Good Luck

Lee
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 9:11am »

I am scared of that stuff...it caused me to hallucinate and did nothing for my clusters...then my ex doc's wife got really addicted to it....be very careful because of the addiction potential....God bless.
IP Logged
Lee

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 1:34pm »

Very funny stuff nanc, do you have any real reason for this bull shit post?
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 2:12pm »

Personally, Lee, i did not see anything humerous about my post...I am a RN at a Drug Rehab and have been a clusterhead for over 25 years so I feel like I am qualified to answer someone's post here.  I did hallucinate and know others that had the same reaction to stadol....and I do know several people who became addicted to Stadol.....And I certainly dont find that humerous or bullshit.  I refuse to get in a pissing match with you on a mb that is designed to help suffering clusterheads...and this seems like what you like to do, especially with people in the medical field....Last comment to you, my friend so feel free not to respond.
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Nancy, don't worry.....
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 3:47pm »

.... and no need to justify yourself.
It's just that Lee hadn't met his target for foul language yet today.  Embarassed
IP Logged
Timo

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 4:34pm »

Nancy, Thanks for the post. No hallucinations using it so far but I can see how it can become addictive. I had to use it 3 times today alone. I keep usung it cause I know it works for me. I'd switch to something else but I'm afraid to try different meds. I like to stick with what works. If I happen to get too much negative information on a certain med. then I ask my Dr. and usually try something else. The main reason I stick with it is that it helps me sleep. Timo
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss