Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!!  (Read 3384 times)
Stewart
New Board Newbie

it hurts, here!!

Email

Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!!
« on: Mar 18th, 2002, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Today after a visit to the neuro, he did tell me to try taking 200 Mg. of Riboflavin (B2) twice a day and 400 Mg of Magnesium twice a day, suggested some studies have been done on these two agents (especially related to Jet Lag sufferers, body clock thing again)..Worth a try, I stopped by the vitamin shop and got some, I'll let ya'll know after a few months try, how it works for me..ALSO, he said,  if I was really intrested in reading a "theory" on headaches read "Willis Vascular Theory"  (of course it realates more to migraines than our clusters, but according to neuro, they are cousins.)  
Hope this helps someone
IP Logged
GlendaB
New Board Junior
USA 

Love you guys!

greenwinglove
Email

Re: Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2002, 10:42am »

Hi Stewart!

I have been on 300 mg of Vitamin B complex and 500 mg of Magnesium along with other vitamins/minerals,  since sometime around the last quarter of last year.  
I don't know if there is anything to it or not, but my cycle is either changing or the above is helping me in some way.  I guess there is no way of definitely knowing, only time will tell.   Roll Eyes

Good Luck!
IP Logged

Pain-free days and nights to all!
With Lots of Love,
Glenda

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2002, 11:02am »

An article in the OUCH Library:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SERUM IONIZED MAGNESIUM LEVELS (IMg2+) IN 500 PATIENTS WITH HEADACHES  
A Mauskop  

New York, NY  

BT Altura, RQ Cracco, BM Altura  

Brooklyn, NY

Serum IMg2+ levels below 0.54 mmol/L predict the response of patients with migraine and cluster headaches to IV infusions of MgSO4. IMg2+ levels are a more sensitive indicator of Mg deficiency than total Mg levels. The objective of this study was to measure IMg2+ in 500 patients with headaches and to correlate IMg2+ with clinical features. All patients presenting to our headache clinic were asked to consent to have blood drawn for IMg2+ measurement. There were 127 men and 373 women; 22 were under 18, 401 between ages 18 and 49, and 77 older than 49. Tension headaches was the main diagnosis in 45 patients, chronic tension headaches in 83, migraine without aura in 208, migraine with aura in 38, chronic daily headache in 81, and cluster headache in 45. IMg2+ was below 0.54 mmol/L in 29% of patients. The only clinical feature that correlated with low IMg2+ was pulsatile quality of pain (P<0.03). These results indicate a high incidence of low IMg2+ in patients with headaches. In a prior study, in patients during an acute migraine attack, we found this incidence to be as high as 53%. The latter patients responded to IV MgSO4. Pulsatile quality of pain may be a useful clinical indicator of low lMg2+.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note that migraine pain is usually pulsatile where CH pain is a constant sharp pain.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26th, 2002, 11:25am »

I tried magnesium, riboflavin, and feverfew for a number of weeks and it didn't do anything for my headaches.

I almost thing the feverfew was rebounding me into migraines (I have both).

I still would give it a try... there's no harm in trying the riboflavin and the magnesium and if it even helps a little......

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
ave

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27th, 2002, 2:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The riboflavin is no problem, but the magnesium may start you running - for the porcelain commode!

I tried it for several weeks and what I got was a plague of soft reeking plops, all day long, and some hasty trips to the bathroom.

Clusters were not impressed and went on as usual.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

http://www.cluRe: Riboflavin (B-2) and Magnesium!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28th, 2002, 11:11am »

Stewart, click on these. for some info on magnesium

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/73084.html
  www.headachepainfree.com

Bob P, thanks for the new word (new to me anyway) Pulsatile - it describes my Ford perfectly.

ave, thanks for the image - soft reeking plops - that got my morning started! LOL
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss