Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen distribution »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen distribution
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen distribution  (Read 273 times)
baker

Email

Oxygen distribution
« on: Mar 30th, 2002, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can only get 1750L 'Q' tanks at this point. This is okay but I often have to get 3-5 a week. I use a 8-12L flow for 10-20 minutes and repeat if neccessary. I'm curious if anyone gets oxygen in other forms, such as larger tanks or even regulators. I've been told most insurance companys require blood-oxygen levels of no more than 88% to qualify for a regulator.

...Thanks...Have a good day.

P.S. Im a 5 yr. sufferer (last 3 yr. chronic)
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

Re: Oxygen distribution
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2002, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Baker,

I'm not exactly sure what sort of O2 tanks you are referring to.....I have a few portable E cylinders (car and work) but I have a huge tank at home that actually makes it's own O2 that does NOT need to be refilled.  I just push a button and instant O2   ;D   This is something that you may want to check into if you are using such a lot of O2.

As for O2 levels - most of the time the insurance will tell you that you need to have your levels checked, but your doc can over-ride that by calling them and advising them that you have ch's.  Normally when someone has O2 prescribed they need to have their levels monitored due to lung problems, etc....in our case we don't - we just need the O2 for relief purposes.

Hope this was helpful.  Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your O2 search.....

NotH20
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2002, 3:00pm »

Have had "M" tanks for about the last year and a half.  These come in at 2300L, and stand about 4' tall.  My Dr set me up with a reg that goes to 15LPM and a High Concentrator mask with the little bag on the bottom.  I usually set the reg at 13LPM and use it for 15-20 min for each attack.  Currently, I am on a bad streak with this series lasting 4 weeks and having 4-5 CH per day.  At this rate I am tearing through tanks like they are going out of style! (1 tank every 3 days!)  See if you can get hooked up with the High Concentrator mask and the new reg and you should be good to go!!
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2002, 4:59pm »

Just a heads up to O2 users:
I only use O2 for CH, but my doctor wrote a 'scrip' for oxygen w/o any restrictions. I took it to NORCO (which is the local distributor) and they sold me a used certified regulator for about $75--new was about $180--and I've been using "S" tanks @ 154 cu.ft. or 4360 liters (I think)

The "S" tanks are about as big as you want to handle but they gave me a dolly to use as well as a rebreather mask for $1.50. They will home deliver, I think.

The "E" tanks cost $15 for the gas and only hold 22.5 cu.ft. while the "S" tanks are $24.75 each--a considerable savings.

If, like me(2-3 tanks/week), you use a lot of O2, this adds up pretty quick. I have no insurance so this may not apply to your situation. But it's worth a shot...........
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss