Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « There's no place like home (chanted 3 times) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   There's no place like home (chanted 3 times)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: There's no place like home (chanted 3 times)  (Read 1814 times)
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

There's no place like home (chanted 3 times)
« on: Feb 20th, 2008, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wondering if I close my eyes and say "monsters aren't real" enough times will this crap end?

DH has had non stop 10's since Sunday with shadow during most of the day.  He is plugging right through them, I have no idea how but he is.  I'm so sad for him and proud of him at the same time.  Good grief I can't imagine still running a business with the level of pain he has.

We called a local neuro in our area who operates a headache clinic.  The first available appt. is June  Cry

Her nurse suggested we continue on with the sleep doctor because that's one of the things the neuro orders for her patients is a full sleep study.  I'm hoping that the sleep Dr. can give us an O2 prescription.

Anywho, just needed to vent a little.  Wouldn't it be great if we all had magic ruby slippers?  LOL
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: There's no place like home (chanted 3 times)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 6:34pm »

OK...do you have a good GP that might give you a script for 02?  Or...will your sleep Dr. give you one.
Have you all tried any of the 'home remedies'......redbull, hot coffee or tea......there are a bunch you could try.
Sometimes they really ramp up at the end.  I'm hoping he's almost done....I know you're both ready for a break...
Hang in there, Sweetie...
Jackie
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 7:07pm »

Quote:
one of the things the neuro orders for her patients is a full sleep study.

I can understand that if he has sleep apnea...but to simply orders one for all her patients regardless of why they are coming to her is beyond me.

You sound like a wonderful supporter and it's going to be on YOUR shoulders right now to get him some REAL help.  Not "sometime in June"    Angry (that pisses me off)  

Any General Practioner/family Dr. can prescribe oxygen for him.  Please try that avenue first.  My GP has prescribed all the meds I have tried.  Verapamil, Lithium, Caffergot, etc...Except for seeing Dr. Kudrow for my initial diagnosis...I've alway told my GP what I wanted to try next and he gave it to me.

Hang in there Scarlett, we're rooting for you.    Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 7:32pm »

Thanks guys.

We don't have a GP however it just occured to me that he is going in for his check up at his heart Dr. next week.

I wonder if that guy can prescribe O2?  What's the best way to approach a Dr. about that since so many of them are slow to write a script for it?

Apparantly people with sleep apnea also tend to suffer various kinds of headache conditions so I think that is why she makes sure that base is covered also.  They also tend to have heart problems and my DH had two heart attacks at age 36.  A lot puzzle pieces fit but who the heck knows right?

Still learning as much as I can about these damn things.  He and all three kids fell asleep watching TV.  A brief reprieve for him and me........LOL

We plan to watch the eclipse tonight so I'm glad that kids are getting a late nap in.  Sorry rambling completely OT!

I'm going to go with him to his heart Dr. appt. and stir up some stuff to try and get him some O2.  His Dr. is pretty cool but I've noticed that unless you come in armed with good info. they tend to look at you like your crazy.

Squeeky wheel and all...........lol

Thanks guys!
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 7:43pm »

Hang on......I'll get you some links for the 02 info to give the doc.

Jackie

Check out the 'oxygen info' on this site....button on the left.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2008, 7:49pm by Jackie » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 7:44pm »

Scarlette, go here and print off whatever you think it will take to get the Cardiologist to give him a script for 02.

http://www.ouch-us.org/medications/oxygen/o2info.shtml

Any Physician with MD after their name can prescribe 02
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 8:16pm »

Thanks Linda!  That information will be very helpful to take with us. Cheesy
IP Logged
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 9:17pm »

on Feb 20th, 2008, 7:44pm, Linda_Howell wrote:

Any Physician with MD after their name can prescribe 02

Start chanting THAT phrase, and keep at it.  

I've found being honest with the doc as to WHY you're asking HIM for it (rather than waiting til June with this monster on his back) will get you more than holding back any information for fear of rejection.

Good luck to both of you.
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21st, 2008, 5:17am »

Scarlet...
There are more links to good 02 information on the 'General Board'....look under the 'help please' subject....

Good Luck..
Jackie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss