Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
From an Anonymous Sufferer (Read 35004 times)
Margi
YaBB Moderator

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
From an Anonymous Sufferer
Nov 16th, 2004 at 9:55am

I got this this morning from a 30 year sufferer who wants to remain anonymous but wrote this for his supporter. 

and sufferers wonder why we supporters keep hanging in there?  This one really gets me. 

"Supporters go to heaven,
God knows them well.
They all go straight to heaven
'cos they've spent their time in hell."

thank you, sir.   Kiss

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Re: From an Anonymous Sufferer
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 3:05pm

Amen to that - don't know where we'd be without the supporters in our lives.  God Bless them all!

IP Logged

Redd715
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2004 at 8:28am

Grandma_Sweet_Boy wrote on Nov 16th, 2004 at 3:05pm:
Amen to that - don't know where we'd be without the supporters in our lives.  God Bless them all!

Some of us are doing just fine... ;Grin.  It was once said to me that a bad supporter is better than no supporter at all.  Beginning to believe that whole heartedly.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2004 at 8:32pm

Ah Redd, you're right and I should have been more specific to say that for those of us who have good supporters, we are blessed.

I know that you do it on your own with a ton of other stuff on your plate too. I can't even imagine having a bad supporter - you're so very right, you'd be better off with none in that case.

If you need an email or PM supporter, I'll be there for ya in a flash!   Smiley

IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus

CHit Happens

x1|Raleigh|USA|usa|475|180|NC,North_Carolina
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2004 at 10:12pm

It's MY opinion that no supporter is better than a bad supporter...
;Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
WWW alongivsiuolluap  
IP Logged

Redd715
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2004 at 12:45am

vig wrote on Dec 11th, 2004 at 10:12pm:
It's MY opinion that no supporter is better than a bad supporter...
;Grin

My bad Paul...I did misquote that...

I still feel I'm better with no supporter than having a bad one.... ;Grin

Again..my fault ... Embarrassed

IP Logged

cray
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|glengarry|Australia|australia|285|295|VIC,Victoria
Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 7:51am

Reckon it,s a bit sad that any sufferer wants to remain anonymous,but if thats the way,thats ok

IP Logged

ClstrHeadSupport
CH.com Junior

Supporter of my Cluster
Head, Stephen Pope.

x1|Fremont|USA|usa|23|161|CA,California
Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2005 at 3:09pm

I agree Vig.

My fiancee's ex (doesn't that just say it all! LOL) used to tell him that he got them on purpose just to screw up her plans or her day.  Selfish B!

Those kinds of people are the ones who deserve the kind of hell a sufferer has!

Sara Pope
http://www.facebook.com/popefamily430 PopeFamily430  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 12:48pm

I don't know which is worse... a bad supporter or no supporter at all. My mum is a bad supporter, but my friends have been great. I know it's not that simple... I just wish that when my dad was battling against the brain cancer, I managed to be a good one. I'll never know.... Cry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2005 at 1:55pm

I think saying what you think to each other when the emotions are NOT tight is the best way.

I think it is just as tough for any supporter. My wife was saying earlier today that when I am in a cycle it feels like there is sickness in the house and everything just stops. She feels like throwing all the windows open and letting fresh air back in again.

I look at it this way. The strain is on both of us. We have to work on that as well.

To anyone that supports BLESS YOU xxx

Ellick

ET

IP Logged

Jerome_Ebel
CH.com Newbie

Redd's staunchest supporter.

x0|Mosinee|USA||0|0|WI,Wisconsin
Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 2:21am

From a new supporter.
Why are there CH sufferers on this earth? So the rest of us quit whining and realize how good we have it!! I know there are other reasons that I will learn about later but this explanation will have to do for now! I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm out of line in any way. "Show me a guy who reads the owners manual BEFORE he takes the new car for a drive and I'll show you a liar!"
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2005 at 2:23am by Jerome_Ebel »  

When the student is ready the teacher will arrive.

IP Logged

don
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 8:47am

Quote:
From a new supporter.
Why are there CH sufferers on this earth? So the rest of us quit whining and realize how good we have it!!

You will be the supporter everyone wishes they had my friend.

Remember that supporters have to occasionally whine and vent to. This is the place for you. Dont hesitate.

P.S. I'm a sufferer who who supports supporters.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2005 at 8:49am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Redd715
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 12:19pm

Don wrote on Apr 24th, 2005 at 8:47am:
You will be the supporter everyone wishes they had my friend.

You know what Don?  I never in my most wildest dreams thought I'd meet anyone who would willingly walk into this fucked up life of mine...but.... Smiley

I'm a lucky woman....

IP Logged

don
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 1:06pm

Love, if its real, over rules all pain and disability.

IP Logged

zebb37
CH.com Junior

God damn the pain

x0|london|United_Kingdom||||
Reply #14 - May 13th, 2005 at 3:41pm

ClstrHeadSupport wrote on Jan 12th, 2005 at 3:09pm:
I agree Vig.

My fiancee's ex (doesn't that just say it all! LOL) used to tell him that he got them on purpose just to screw up her plans or her day.  Selfish B!

Those kinds of people are the ones who deserve the kind of hell a sufferer has!

I can identify with that point of view - my wife is apt to re\ct that way. Sometimes it does seem that all life kind of stops for my episodes.

3 months or more is a long time out of a well person's year to be sat around, impotantely watching someone suffer.

IP Logged

Erin
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 7:41am

[quote author=Redd715 link=board=supporters;num=1100616917;start=0#12 date=04/24/05 at 12:19:23]

"You know what Don?  I never in my most wildest dreams thought I'd meet anyone who would willingly walk into this fucked up life of mine...but....

I'm a lucky woman...."

Oh God yes... I just want to use this pain-free moment to say thank you to Arno for being the most special man any woman could ever hope to know. To be fair, he didn't walk into the CH part of my life knowingly - I had not had them for 13 years, until 3 weeks ago when they returned with a vengeance, so neither of us knew that we would have to be dealing with this hell now... but like the angel he is, he rose to the challenge without hesitation or complaint, and I appreciate his innate *good-man-ness* all the more for his being here for me "through the fire." I love you, Arno!

E.

IP Logged

Redd715
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 1:17pm

Quote:
"You know what Don?  I never in my most wildest dreams thought I'd meet anyone who would willingly walk into this fucked up life of mine...but....

I'm a lucky woman...."

Update on this...He sort of walked right back out again.. Not due to the HA's... he has personal issues that made the attempt at building anything just a (tad bit?) premature.

IP Logged

ClstrHeadSupport
CH.com Junior

Supporter of my Cluster
Head, Stephen Pope.

x1|Fremont|USA|usa|23|161|CA,California
Reply #17 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 9:18am

Sorry to hear that Redd, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  And I myself have learned that sometimes it takes years and years for those reasons to come to light, but when they do everything else falls into place.

Sara Pope
http://www.facebook.com/popefamily430 PopeFamily430  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #18 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 6:53pm

I need to get my wife to start posting here. She's put up with these once to twice a year visitors for 25 years and has never bitched. When she'd see me drag out the 02 she'd pour me a glass of ice water, put the cafergot on the coffee table, dump a couple of ice packs by the chair, grab the kids and head out for an hour. Those of you who do this alone, I keep on the same pedestal I reserve for single parents. I'm not sure I could face this alone, my prayers and thoughts to all of you who have to.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Lietuvos
CH.com Newbie

AHHH...AAHHHH.. .AAAHHHHHH

x0|Bolingbrook|USA||0|0|IL,Illinois
Reply #19 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 12:24pm

i've always said:

I no longer fear Hell, for there in no pain worse than a cluster.

p.s. are you the same redd that skins for morrowind?

WHY PUT OFF UNTIL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN EXPLOIT OTHERS TO DO TODAY

IP Logged

rapunzel
CH.com Junior

'sometimes you just need
to howl"

x0|Taylor|USA||0|0|MI,Michigan
Reply #20 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 10:30pm

I have been on all ends of the supporter-no supporter- great supporter scale-
my exhusband was a very cruel person who used to tell me that he hoped it was a brain tumor-and wouldnt help me at all during attacks. He called me a baby when I would cry and pace with the pain.
I also went through it all as a single mom with three little kids, after my divorce- and during one episode- kids were awake and I got hit by a ch- I had the kids go next door to the neighbors (didnt want them to be scared), she called my mom to come help me. She was scared because she didnt know what was going on, and called an ambulance after she called my moms house. But she kept my kids for me until I returned and had gotten thru that particular episode.  I managed to keep it away from the kids as much as possible other times, because they were so young, they couldnt have handled my episodes without being scared.

My now husband is a God-send, he is very supportive, even if he doesnt understand, and he is a great help with the kids/house/willingness to help me even though there really is nothing that can be done during an attack (except get OUT OF MY WAY Smiley  )

I just wanted to add that a bad supporter is worse than no supporter at all, however I wish all CH sufferers a good supporter at some point. It makes it so much easier to have someone to talk to about it, who doesnt judge you or think you are faking it or a whimp, someone who can just pat you on the back and love you-- pain and all.

My thanks to all the good supporters out there. We appreciate you.

IP Logged

tedski
CH.com Newbie

Ooh-Rah!!!

x0|Madison|USA|usa|||WI,Wisconsin
Reply #21 - Jul 20th, 2006 at 9:02pm

Amen, I think the poem is great. 

I also don't think you can be a bad supporter because if you care at all about what the person is going through and how the beast is destroying their life, you're a good supporter.  If you don't care or care more about yourself then them you're not a supporter at all.

Karla's #1 supporter

IP Logged

Daddys_Devil
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 9:34pm

Here's a poem from the point of veiw of a supporter. I just made it up so bare with me. Hope everyone likes it.

Hello. I'm a supporter
Hello. I'm a suviver.
I support, and I live.
Giving the best gift
I know how to give.
I do my best,
of I think's what right.
Getting with your pain,
in the dead of the night.
I live might be your love,
I might be a friend,
I might be a stranger,
but I'm here 'till the end.
Hello. I'm a surviver.
I support, and I live.
Giving the best gift,
I know how to give.

Always,
Felicia  8)

IP Logged

pingu1981
CH.com Newbie

The world was my oyster,
but I used the wrong
fork

x0|Llanelli|Wales||0|0|
Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 4:13pm

Like it! Absolutly true! Don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for my parents!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Most people ignore oppurtunity because it comes wearing overalls and looks like hard work.
324508001 michelleljenkins@hotmail.com  
IP Logged

sldrswyfe
CH.com Alumnus

Member of O.U.C.H.

x1|East Norriton|USA|usa|481|124|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #24 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 3:28pm

With the utmost respect to everyone and their personal reasons for their opinions...I think, speaking only for myself,  that no supporter beats a bad supporter.

Somehow, being mocked, degraded, belittled, made to feel guiltier than I already do...someone rolling their eyes while Im in agony...I could do without...at least I have peace alone.

I have a good supporter at this time in my life...but know both sides...had bad supporter for a long time.

Just speaking for myself... Smiley

But, in reality, whether a human being is there or not...we always have a supporter...and ultimately, we face the pain alone.  Just us and the beast in the ring...

"Great spirits have always found violent && opposition from the mediocrities." -Einstein&&&&"I'll DIE on MY FEET, before I LIVE on MY KNEES"...thanks Jonny...that meant alot&&&&"Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave?"....Your damn right it does.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!