Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Who is who here to the newcommers (Read 107340 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Who is who here to the newcommers
Reply #75 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 6:12pm

Jonny, that would be awesome for you to do that for Cathy.   WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't have to be as bald as Jimi Hendrix.
You've got enough for a wig AND and nice haircut.   Smiley

And yes, Margi is correct.....lots of women would die to have your hair.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

jangus
CH.com Newbie

From under the Redwood
Canopy

x1|Redway|USA|usa|12|123|CA,California
/S
Reply #76 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 6:57pm

Hi all... I'm Johnny A from the Humboldt Hills of Northern California. I'm 49 years old and have been a victim of CH since I was 23 (26 years). I've tried many, many methods including Homeopothy, Quantum Energetics, Cranial Sacrum therapy, Chiropractics, Accupuncture, Reike, Shiatsu, various folk remedies and even flew to see a witch doktor living in a cave on Parangtritis Beach on Java, Indonesia. I started my current cycle on November 6, 2005 and I've since had 3 sessions of Quantum Energetics and 1 session of Accupuncture/Shiatsu with Chief Surgeon, Dr. William Zhao in Eureka, CA.

I also have been using 10 litres per minute of 100% Oxygen for 15-20 minutes at the onset and drinking at least 200 ounces of water per day. Last night was the first in this cycle that I did not have a CH. Yeah!

Tomorrow, I will receive another session of Quantum Energetics by someone that has been practicing for 15 years. She knows her stuff! This form of therapy has helped me acheive my longest interval between cycles... 3 years and 1 month!

When none of the above works, I use the very expensive Maxalt which seems to abort the CH about 85% of the time. But at $50 per headache, I try not to eat them all up in one week. Cafergot works as an alternative, but not nearly as effective...maybe 45% of the time... I don't know... especially as I get deeper into the cycle. If Cafergot doesn't work, then I move to Dilaudid which enhances the "dizziness" and "nausea" to horrible levels. Hangover to boot! Later on in the cycle... when I'm up to about 16-20mg of Dilaudid, and still not getting results... I'm off to the emergency room for muscle shot of Demerol... now we're talkin' hangover! Blahhh!

Give me LSD or give me Psilosybin or give me death!

Much sincere sympathy to you all. I too am extremely grateful for this site and all of your warm, wonderful, supportive commentary.

Peace be with you.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Don't 'cha touch hard liquor,&&just a cup of cold coffee...&&gonna get up in the morning&&and go."
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:01pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 17th, 2005 at 6:12pm:
  Jonny, that would be awesome for you to do that for Cathy.   WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't have to be as bald as Jimi Hendrix.
You've got enough for a wig AND and nice haircut.   Smiley

And yes, Margi is correct.....lots of women would die to have your hair.

Linda

Have you seen her?....She has three times my hair in curls and its bearly past her shoulders......LOL

If I do it im going all the way, Im hair for sufferers and supporters equally ;Grin

Oh God!!....LOL

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #78 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:34pm

Welcome Jangus.

There is a lot of info and help here.  Also go to:

Quote:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

We are a chapter of OUCH and maybe you might feel more comfortable talking to us over there as we can possibly help you with problems known only to GOD and Californians.  lol   Just kidding.

Linda

p.s.    Quote:
Im hair for sufferers and supporters equally

I do not believe you said this Jonny.  lmao!

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: /S
Reply #79 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:57pm

jangus wrote on Nov 17th, 2005 at 6:57pm:
Hi all... I'm Johnny A from the Humboldt Hills of Northern California. I'm 49 years old and have been a victim of CH since I was 23 (26 years). I've tried many, many methods including Homeopothy, Quantum Energetics, Cranial Sacrum therapy, Chiropractics, Accupuncture, Reike, Shiatsu, various folk remedies and even flew to see a witch doktor living in a cave on Parangtritis Beach on Java, Indonesia.

Well, at least you ruled out all the bull- shit ;Grin

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: /S
Reply #80 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 8:13pm

Quote:
Well, at least you ruled out all the bull- shit ;Grin

LMAO!
Quantum Energetics? Isn’t that the Canadian Company that sells hand grenades?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

jangus
CH.com Newbie

From under the Redwood
Canopy

Reply #81 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 9:16pm

Like I said folks... Quantum Energetics has honestly been the only real "cure" I've found in 26 years. You can joke about it, but if relief is what you're looking for... I strongly suggest finding a knowledgeable practitioner and having a few sessions. It just might be what you're head is asking for.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Don't 'cha touch hard liquor,&&just a cup of cold coffee...&&gonna get up in the morning&&and go."
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #82 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 9:23pm

Welcome JohhnyA.
Whatever works for ya.
Sounds like quackery to me, however, yrs. before traditional meds there were things used to treat everything right???

Oh yeah..here is what's supposed to be in the little red box:

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

jangus
CH.com Newbie

From under the Redwood
Canopy

Reply #83 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 9:36pm

IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

x0|riverside|USA||0|0|CA,California
Reply #84 - Nov 18th, 2005 at 12:01am

Thanks Margi! I cant try the pic thing just yet, I got viruses AND spywares in my comp. allready! Im afraid to  do any thing. I barely got on the net . I have to sign out and  turn off my comp. for now untill i can have some one fix it so Ill be on the net  mon. and wed. from school. Tlk to you then .     dan

mydboy00  
IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

Reply #85 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 11:57pm

I hope this works!    dan

mydboy00  
IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

Reply #86 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 11:59pm

maybe this time !

mydboy00  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 9:37pm

testing 1,2,Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

Reply #88 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:27pm

mydboy00  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:31pm

Hi Dan!
Good to see you looking so much better than in the pics your mum showed me in Dallas. I don't ever want to see you looking like that again y'hear?!
Nice to have you here
love
Helen X

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #90 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:33pm

THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!!!!

Linda

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

Reply #91 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:40pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   so here they are! finally ! Enjoy

mydboy00  
IP Logged

Margi
CH.com Alumnus

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #92 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:45pm

here's your 2nd pic, Dan...
there was an extra space in there...
you've sure got your mom's eyes.

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #93 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 8:48pm

Margi wrote on Nov 24th, 2005 at 4:45pm:
you've sure got your mom's eyes.

He sure does!
Nice to "meet" ya.

You have a hell of a groovy mommy

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Dan_The_Man_Howell
CH.com Newbie

Im you're huckle berry!

Reply #94 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 2:31pm

Thanks for putting that pic up margi
And YES, I do have gorgeous eyes dont I? Roll Eyes
should I just call you E     e double? Nice to meet you too.   were do you all live?
Mom, do you have yahoo IM? thats the mess. I use.  I still cant seem to find a chat room or I M place   
heres a pic of me and my neice kristen. shes got the best eyes......Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

mydboy00  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #95 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 11:27am

Hi,

I'm Barb D and I've been here since 98 (ok I'm an OLDIE). I'm electronically challenged so can't post a picture so you'll just have to believe I'm 29, 5'2, and a beautiful blonde (yeah right and I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that's for sale too).

I'm a chronic clusterhead, a recent widow with a four year old grandson (if you have about four days I'll tell you about him!). I'm a semi-retired accountant who's looking forward to moving to the country and watching my grandson grow and keeping up with the gossip (not much else to do in the country).

For all of you who've found this site - welcome to Clusterville. It's the best place to come for support and understanding. It's a place where you'll find someone who "understands" what you're going thru, someone who can make you laugh when you're hurting and want to give up and someone who "really" cares.

Hugs to you all,

BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

rubberplant
CH.com Junior

Westcliff-on-Sea, UK
Reply #96 - Dec 19th, 2005 at 7:20am

Hi all,

It's good to read about everyone again! It's good to know you're all still here!

I haven't been around for a while as I have been PF since 4 or 5 weeks after my son was born. About 16 months ago. Just been put on Citalopram for a bout of depression. (Will start a new post on that rather than jump this thread) Looks like I might have just started a cycle in the last two days. Cry

Best Wishes to all

Strange how you can miss people you've never met

James

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
rubberplant rubber.plant@mac.com  
IP Logged

Ree
CH.com Hall of Famer

Got Faith?

Natick, MA
Reply #97 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 3:03pm

Linda H... your son is adorable.....jussssss like you and your little grand daughter is sooooo sweet... nice family love ree

Single Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO3 Scott,  Police OFFICER Sean, FSU Freshman~ Breezy~ Nana to Matt, Mike & Aya, MIL To Shino,
Ree dungareespocket 1017695884 64720087 Reespirit Ree16Angel  
IP Logged

gtjim
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|adelaide|Australia||0|0|SA,South_Australia
Reply #98 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 8:22am

hi, my name is jim and im just getting over a ch kip 7. i live in australia and was diagnosed with this last week.  this site rocks! if i didnt stumble onto this site i wouldnt have known about the icepack trick or the coffee trick. THANKYOU.these two things have helped me immensley, plus im on verapamil(not sure if it is really helping though).

ch SUCKS BIG TIME

are there any bad short or long term side effects of using verapamil?

IP Logged

upnover
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|charlotte|USA||0|0|NC,North_Carolina
Reply #99 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 11:28am

Hi
I'm new here but have been a ch for about 14yrs..
35yrs old married with two great girls 18mths and 7yrs old.

I wish I had found this site a long time ago but better late than never.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2006 at 5:37pm by upnover »  

Tom&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!