Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
remission over?? or solo hit?. (Read 5684 times)
coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
remission over?? or solo hit?.
May 21st, 2008 at 6:48pm

hello all, i have been pain free for 3and 1/2 months untill last night. at 12.40 pm i got the wake up call, started at kip 7 quickly moving up to 8 by the time i got to my 02 tank. 5 minutes of 02 and it was falling fast, the 02 saved me a imetrex shot, and i stayed on the 02 for the full 20minutes hoping for no rebound headaches. i passed out again at 1.10 am and was able to sleep untill the alarm at 4.30 am. i thought i was doing everything right, had my dose of RC seeds 4 weeks ago and everything was great. now im getting shadows today and a weird dizzyness ( not unpleasent but weird). i know were not doctors, but can someone please tell me why im got this solo hit, or is it not solo? has anyone eles got just a solo hit or can i except more, i always have had remmisions of at least 1 year not 3 months. guess i will know soon enough. thanks coach bill
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2008 at 6:49pm by coach_bill »  

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Trooper
CH.com Veteran

I ain't skeert!

x0|mckinney|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Re: remission over?? or solo hit?.
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2008 at 7:51pm

Coah Bill, I wish I could answer your question.  Undecided I can only tell you that I have leared that I am the Queen of Denial! I have had numerous cycles that started out with what I wanted to tell myself was a solo hit!

All I can say is you need to get your guns loaded and get ready for a fight! There is no rhyme or reason to the beast. Just get ready to kick his ass when he comes knocking on your door! I hope I am wrong... but there is nothing worse than getting caught with your pants down!

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2008 at 7:56pm

thanks trooper, thats good advice coach bill

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:17pm

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:29pm

Hope this was a fluke hit, but keep your guard up just in case. I look over my shoulder so to speak during this remission as the beast is lurking and is right there waiting, I can feel it. Sad

All the support I can give you is yours. Hang in there. Wink

Barry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:34pm

Hi Coach,

Either it is or it isn't.  Don't dwell on it.  Just be prepared.  Judging by the fact that you knocked it down using O2 and were back in bed in a half hour it sounds like you are  Wink

Are you prevents lined up too?  If not a quick call to your Dr would be a good idea too.

Take care ... I hope tonight proves it a fluke

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2008 at 9:15pm

thanks to all for  the support, i will update soon. coach bill

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #7 - May 21st, 2008 at 11:31pm

As a believer in the RC method, my advice is to stay off conventional meds for a bit and hit the bastard gain with another dose.

I've been chronic for 20+ years and it took some time to get matters under control, but I have been having wicked success with RC seeds.   I still have to maintain the treatment to remain PF, but thats a helle lot better than having a resergance of the beast and my life falling down round my feet.

During my usual "high" cycles I have to dose more often, then during the low times I can go up to a month between doses.

Keep us posted to your progress.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2008 at 9:26pm

yesterday, (wensday) i did a dose of 40 seeds, and i did not get the wake up call. (thank god) and dr. huffman. but i have noticed alot more shadows today and for some reason i have been real amped up all day. its just frustrating, its almost like waiting for the electic company to shut of the power?? i almost feel like im ready to pick a fight or something ARRRGHHH. sorry Angry but im very happy i did not get the hits ;Grin, My CH messes with me in a bunch of freaky ways , and im very happy this board is here for me. thanks coach bill.

IP Logged

Annette
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2008 at 3:22am

I pray for you that it will only be some odd hits and after this dosing you will completely painfree.

Hang in there.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2008 at 7:16am

It is not uncommon for there to be pot dosing shadows and even some hits, but don't let that discourage you.

As the beast tries to stubbornly get his tallons into your head atthe start of a cycle, my experience has been that it's time to be just as stubborn.  Keep a 5-7 day dosing schedule if need be, then try spreading the doses out longer.  You may not need more than a couple back to back doses before you cage the
bastage again. 

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:51pm

Keep us updated each day Bill.....and listen to Redd!!!
She's one of only a handful of Certified Purveyors of Seed Information. CPSI grade1

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2008 at 10:26pm

Bill:

It sounds like you've been given good advice.  I'll pray that this was a rogue hit.  Try not to drive yourself nuts and you'll be fine.

Wishing you well,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:58am

Something else to remember, is that even though we aren't getting hit, there are the other CH symptoms that are NOT effected by RC therapy.  (or any therapy for that matter)  Namely the anxiety and restlessness, and the insomnia. 

Every little twitch or twinge, the slightest bit of pressure can cause the mind to race and worry.  That is something we as CH'ers can't keep from starting, but we CAN use positive self talk and deep breathing to overcome when it happens. 

Frame of mind is very important to keep moving through these periods of CH activity.  The depression can become a downward spiral.  We all recognize this from before we were diagnosed, and when no meds were working, and life didn't seem quite worth all the shit.

And thanks Bob.  If it wasn't for your guidance, I don't know if I'd have come this far.

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2008 at 7:28pm

Hello everyone, i made it thourgh the tournament this weekend with no hits since friday morning. Has anyone tried they baby woodrse Seeds, i would like to look into different types of seeds. Maybe the RC seeds arent the anwser although like i said nothing since friday morning and im on no meds, so maybe they do work?? i will be blasting at the beast again on wensday with another 40 seed dose then hopefully if nothing in the way of kip 6 or up breaks thourgh i will ramp down to a lower monthly dose and keep to IT. also i belive the shrooms is worth a try, this CH shit SUCKS. And by the way we lost all 4 games in the tourney, got beat bad too, 20-1, 17-2, and then 7-2 on sat. but we pulled it togather for sunday but still lost 7-5. We were just not ready for the NSA rules at 10u, but we will be soon, i lost alot of time to my clusters cycle in the winter and our winter training suffered some, as the score indictakes Go CRUSHERS!!!Coach bill

IP Logged

Superdave
CH.com Veteran

x0|Conroe|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2008 at 8:58pm

Hey Coach,

The baby woodrose seeds are were I started. They seemed to work real good, very potent compared to RC seeds. Better be prepared to spend some time and patients cleaning the damned things. Would probably be a job better suited for a jeweler.  Angry

HBWS also seemed to give my stomach a real work over and caused me scores of anxiety. Now I have RC seeds they are a lot easier to deal with in all aspects and doing 100 is no problem but I don’t think they work as well as HBWS.

Superdave
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2008 at 9:57pm by Superdave »  

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!