Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Drill here, drill now, pay less... (Read 19740 times)
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mandeville, LA
Re: Drill here, drill now, pay less...
Reply #125 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:17pm

The Democrats and Republicans waste our tax dollars equally. The only difference is that the Democrats like it more.

Should ether Party stumble upon a great idea, the other Party would reject it no matter how much sense it made. It is maddening to watch.

Tea overboard.  Hey, I got an idea.  Let's all just not pay our Taxes for a year.  No...that wont work...they take their cut out of our earnings before we even deposit what's left.  Pretty slick huh?

Steve G (I)

Oh..by the way, I'm OK with drilling off of my coast and we have room for another refinery too.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #126 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:19pm

Quote:
Whats in a name when you can show that you have no idea WTF your doing when it comes to foriegn policy............in public! Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bogus.

Afghanis don't speak much arabic, but the foreign fighters there (including bin Laden and friends) do think and communicate in Arabic, not Pashto.  There are US translators who specialize in Arabic in Afghanistan. Even more importantly, the FBI, CIA and NSA are sitting on piles of Arabic documents from Al Qaeda that are untranslated.  The war in Iraq has created a competition for scarce (trusted) translators - do we use them to figure out Iraq and protect the troops, or do we use them to analyze Al Qaeda and protect the homeland from another 9-11??  Or do we try to do both, but do neither one that well?

While oil is Iraq's main export, we are sending agricultural advisors to that country. 
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Your blogwriter's argument that Afghanistan cant have agricultural development without refrigeration (which requires electricity) is ridiculous. We have development programs for dozens of other countries that don't require electricity - if fresh fruits spoil before getting them to market, produce dried fruit using solar dryers, etc.   

Obama was far closer to the truth than the liveleak op-ed. Translation and key intelligence operations are being run with that famous Katrina-style school of management.

Quote:
The lack of Arabic translators in Iraq appears to stem from a Bush Administration decision to outsource translation services to private contractors. Called "linguistic support," these companies, two of the largest of which are Titan Corporation and DynCorp International, have received billions of dollars to provide language interpreters to the Iraq reconstruction effort. But many of the supposed "translators" sent to Iraq were untrained, had poor language skills, or couldn't speak Arabic at all. In many cases the contractors appear to have conducted no screenings or interviews with prospective translators. And Titan Corporation interpreters are accused of involvement in two cases of prisoner abuse in Iraq and one case of espionage at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #127 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:24pm

stevegeebe wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:17pm:
The Democrats and Republicans waste our tax dollars equally. The only difference is that the Democrats like it more.

Should ether Party stumble upon a great idea, the other Party would reject it no matter how much sense it made. It is maddening to watch.

Tea overboard.  Hey, I got an idea.  Let's all just not pay our Taxes for a year.  No...that wont work...they take their cut out of our earnings before we even deposit what's left.  Pretty slick huh?

Steve G (I)

Oh..by the way, I'm OK with drilling off of my coast and we have room for another refinery too.

Im with you, Steve!  Smiley

Are you with us, Flo/Monty?  Wink

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #128 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:42pm

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #129 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 11:23pm

I won't add to this debate but ....I do have a question.

Quote:
It doesn't include all the other taxes that people pay (sales, gas, property, wheel, etc.)

"Wheel"   ?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #130 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 6:01am

Linda_Howell wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 11:23pm:
I won't add to this debate but ....I do have a question.

Quote:
It doesn't include all the other taxes that people pay (sales, gas, property, wheel, etc.)

"Wheel"   ?

Some states have a wheel tax - it's a tax paid on the sale of tires over and above the state sales tax. Goes toward maintaining the roads. Other states have simply rolled it into vehicle registration fees.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #131 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 8:50am

Thanks for clearing that one up -- I was wondering too Linda? Never heard of a 'wheel" tax...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #132 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 10:50am

A wheel tax.........I never heard of that one either. It's surprising here in New York. There is probably a toothpick consumption levy. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm proud of myself. I haven't turned on TV news yet. So far, it's a beautiful day. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

What, it's all in my head?

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #133 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 10:59am

Charlie wrote on Jun 20th, 2008 at 10:50am:
A wheel tax.........I never heard of that one either. It's surprising here in New York. There is probably a toothpick consumption levy. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm proud of myself. I haven't turned on TV news yet. So far, it's a beautiful day. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register horror.gif

Charlie
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register split.gif

Love the smilies Charlie!  Be cheerful as it is a levy and not a tax! Wink  I love the symantics the pols use.  Fee, levy, surcharge....but it is NOT a tax!  LOL.

Yea, all tires in the USA carry an excise tax and the state plops on another tax on top of that.  Tires are a hugh money maker for the fed and state.  So is gas.

-P.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #134 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 10:59am

A little different form than I'm used to, but the concept is the same:

Wheel Tax
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A wheel tax is a method of taxation commonly used in the United States by cities and counties. The problem that a wheel tax attempts to solve is that many people come into a community from outside to work - using the communities roads, water, sewer, and so forth, but pay no taxes into the community as a result of living outside of the municipality.

The tax is charged to motorists based upon the number of wheels their vehicles have, often collected at the time of vehicle registration or tag renewals.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #135 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:35pm

Thanks kids. I guess ya never get a break.

Charlie

IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

What, it's all in my head?

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #136 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:36pm

Price of filling the tank got ya down?  Here's a little pick-me-up. Smiley

-P.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #137 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 7:51pm

Americas #1 funniest home video!

Go ahead, click on it, you know you want to!  Wink

Its an old video.  Smiley

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #138 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 7:54pm

Quote:
A little different form than I'm used to, but the concept is the same:

Wheel Tax
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A wheel tax is a method of taxation commonly used in the United States by cities and counties. The problem that a wheel tax attempts to solve is that many people come into a community from outside to work - using the communities roads, water, sewer, and so forth, but pay no taxes into the community as a result of living outside of the municipality.

The tax is charged to motorists based upon the number of wheels their vehicles have, often collected at the time of vehicle registration or tag renewals.

This is, in addition of course, to the taxes paid for the fuel which is to go to streets and roads? 

That definition seems like a bunch of double speak to get more taxes.  Why would a congested area not collect tax revenue, so you have to tax wheels?

So how are your roads in W'Monee?

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 8:19pm

We don't have a wheel tax. And our roads suck.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #140 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 8:28pm

More comedy  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!