Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sansert (Read 4515 times)
WPWaterrose
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sansert
Jun 3rd, 2008 at 4:15pm

Sorry to post again so soon. But the Depakote crashed and burned. SO now My neurologist wants me to go to Canada to get Sansert? I know nothing about it.
Any information from the CH Crew? What to expect?

Hang in there people!!!

William

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Re: Sansert
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 4:28pm

It's generic name is methysergide maleate. I get mine from my insurance company's in-house compounding pharmacy, but I have gotten it from Canada.

It is my magic bullet, but it comes with a price. I feel like shit the first 36 hours after I start taking it. Slight tripping feeling, visual auras, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. But that all goes away, and so do my headaches. Like magic.

You will most likely be asked by your physician to be prepared to take a one-month holiday from it after using it for six months. This is to prevent some serious, lasting side-effects, namely fibrosis of the kidneys, lungs, or heart valves. If you're not at risk for these to start, it's not much to worry about.

It works great for me.

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 6:34pm

Like Brew said, it can be gotten under its generic name of Methysergide Maleate.  You don't have to go to Canada to get it.  Any compounding pharmacy should be able to make it.  Have your doctor write the script for the generic name.

Here's an article from the OUCH Newsletter on it:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There are other places on the internet where you can get more detailed info such as:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For me, it cause some serious circulation problems and pain in my lower legs, so I had to quit taking it.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 8:05pm

Quote:
Like Brew said, it can be gotten under its generic name of Methysergide Maleate.  You don't have to go to Canada to get it.  Any compounding pharmacy should be able to make it.

I found, however, that any compounding pharmacy in the US was going to charge me 4 to 6 times as much as the Sansert from Canada. The pharmacy that's a part of my insurance company (Cigna Tel-drug) merely charges me the $75 copay for a 3-month supply.

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 9:18pm

Quote:
Quote:
Like Brew said, it can be gotten under its generic name of Methysergide Maleate.  You don't have to go to Canada to get it.  Any compounding pharmacy should be able to make it.

I found, however, that any compounding pharmacy in the US was going to charge me 4 to 6 times as much as the Sansert from Canada. The pharmacy that's a part of my insurance company (Cigna Tel-drug) merely charges me the $75 copay for a 3-month supply.

That's pretty good.  Aetna sucks.  Aetna's mail order pharmacy would only do it a month at a time and charged me $50 for one month, which worked out because I couldn't even finish the one month. 

When I lost my job to CH, I had to switch to my wife's insurance - Aetna.  In order to use Zomig Nasal Spray (which I had been using with great effectiveness), two other triptans on the primary formulary had to have been tried and ineffective.  They basically forced me to try Imitrex first.  The trex injections worked better than the Zomig, so I stuck with it.  They denied all my appeals for more trex, even with a Letter of Medical Necessity from a neurologist.  No, I tell a lie, they raised it from 6 vials a month to 12 vials a month (I get hit 3 - 5 times a day = up to 150 times a month), but refused to go higher.  Rather than giving all the BS reasons some insurance companies try to get away with about FDA limits and safety concerns, they simply said they were giving me the max my policy provided.  Did I mention Aetna sucks?

Sounds like Canada is the way to go after all.  Undecided

IP Logged

jace77
CH.com Junior

x0|grove city|USA|usa|0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 10:51pm

You could ask your doctor for a prescription for the individual vials, a seperate one for the pre-filled 6mg and another for the 4mg, they all have different NDC codes, so perhaps they would go through, though you would probably have to make 3 seperate copays, just a thought, as this is how we did it with caremark.

IP Logged

bea1
CH.com Newbie

x0|Woodinville|USA||0|0|WA,Washington
Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 3:44pm

Sansert is the only thing I have found that works in my 15 yrs of chronic (with a couple breaks).  Got it from Canada after USA stopped. Insurance didn't cover but it was worth it anyway.

Had to stop sansert about 1.5 years ago because of fibro growth in my chest.  Been using daily DHE since, which is loosing effectiveness the last 6 months.  The Neuro doesnt  like this because it can have the same fibro growth side effect.  He wants me to talk to the surgeon for the nerve cut.  Guess I am about ready for surgery.  Not anxious though.

I have done 2 ml DHE at once which seems to do the job.  Of course my scrip is only for one per day.  I am getting 2 or 3 HA in early AM and 2 or 3 in the evening now, with just 1ml of DHE.  Only get about 1 or 2 HA in the evening using 2 ml  DHE.  Used to to get no HA with 1ml DHE

If you do the sansert, wherever you get it from, make sure you take the one month break every six months and get the CAT Scan done.  Daily DHE may be a stop gap during the break, if the sansert works for you.

Bruce

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 6:53pm

bea1 wrote on Jun 7th, 2008 at 3:44pm:
Sansert is the only thing I have found that works in my 15 yrs of chronic (with a couple breaks).    

l-methyl-lysergic acid

Look a bit familiar?

l-methyl-lysergic acid = Sansert

bea1 wrote on Jun 7th, 2008 at 3:44pm:
  Guess I am about ready for surgery.  Not anxious though.

Please check out the options discussed at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register before anyone takes a knife to you.

Sansert is a modified LSD molecule. The modification made it slightly less hallucinogenic but also added some of those very nasty side effects. Like the possibility of turning your soft muscle organs to fibrous masses.

Dr. Albert Hofmann discovered both LSD and Sansert. The man lived to 102 but he took a lot more LSD than Sansert.

For those people that don't want to use psychedelics, so you use Sansert, think again, you are using a psychedelic. The hallucinogenic properties are slightly less than LSD or psilocybin but that is mainly due to two things. One, the Sansert dose is very low. Two, it's used every day so there is a blocking effect upon the receptors.

We aren't supposed to use psychedelics like LSD and Psilocybin a couple of times to break a cycle, but we ARE allowed to use Sansert, which has much more serious side effects, every day. Go figure.

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 8:13am

I wonder if small daily doses of LSD or shrooms would have the same fibrotic side effects?
Or if a few large doses of sansert would break a cycle?

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

tommyD
CH.com Hall of Famer

Anything not impossible
is compulsory.

Pennsylvania
Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:34pm

HI Bob P!

A few folks have tried small daily amounts of psilocybin and fewer still have tried this with LSA seeds. I haven't seen anyone try this with LSD - probably because it's impractical. Thing is, they generally didn't do small daily doses for very long, either because it worked to bust a cycle, or because it didn't. 

There are studies on recreational LSD and psilocybin use, but those are larger doses, and it's rare to see psychedelics used daily for recreational purposes. In any case, I don't recall fibrosis mentioned, or any other long-term physical effect, for that matter.   So my opinion would be: "Who knows, but probably not."

As for a few large doses of Sansert, I'm completely ignorant, tho seems like it might be dangerous, or trippy, or both.

-tommyD

IP Logged

BC_Battler
CH.com Junior

Stay strong

x0|West Coast|Canada||0|0|BC,British_Columbia
Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 12:46am

I have been using Sansert for six months. I consider it an absolute God-send as my quality of life was non-existent before Sansert. I went two years looking for the right pharmaceutical mix, and finally settled on a combo of Verapamil and Sansert.

I have found a few things about my life on Sansert - for the most part, the side effects have not been too nasty, although Sansert can be attributed to weight gain (I work out hard 5 days a week just to maintain my weight - prior to Sansert I didn't have to work nearly as hard), and I have also found some swelling in my ankles. I haven't noticed any hallucinations or other strange events. I take it every day, morning and night.

Because it's an older drug don't expect your (Canadian) pharmacy to have it on hand. Almost every time I go to have my prescription filled they need to order some in, regardless of where I get it from. No big deal, as they usually get it in a day or two.

I will be going for some tests in regards to the fibrosis issue next week. My neuro doesn't think the one month holiday from Sansert is necessary if the tests come back clean, but I think I'll do it anyway - there's simply too much info out there suggesting a break every six months is important, and this is too important to screw around with.

Overall, I love this drug. It's given me my life back, so whatever the side effects, I can deal with it.

Best of luck with whatever course of action you all choose. Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!