Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Midrin (Read 3239 times)
Drew_Va
CH.com Junior

x1|Louisa|USA|usa|470|156|VA,Virginia
Midrin
Jun 6th, 2008 at 11:51am

Anyone have any experience with Midrin? My Dr. gave it to me to try for headaches that don't require immitrex.

Endeavor to persevere

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Midrin
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 12:07pm

I tried it in the early 80's and it had zero effect. Hopefully you'll get better results.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 12:17pm

I love Midrin for migraines, didn't work for CH.  I would love to have a script for it.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 12:34pm

Both are excellent sources of current therapies.
----------

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Dr. Robbins site. Then explore the entire site by deleting
everything following. com/ and then hit enter.
====================================================================
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive
and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 11:01pm

Back before I was properly diagnosed, I used it all the time.  I found it only worked for me if I took it at the first sign of, what I now know to be shadows.  I did not like it at all, it took to long to work.  It only worked half of the time and not for very long.  It made me feel very dopey and sleepy.  I found that when I was in a cycle that I would always use the max doses in a day all the time.  I believe it gave me whopper rebounds also.  I am so glad I do not have to use it any more. 

I know a few people that swear by it for migraine...

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 11:13pm

I am a chronic cluster head and my son has episodic ch.  As a teenager his neuro would only perscribe him midrin.  It did work for him if he took it at the first twinge of a ch but he had to be right on it or it wouldn't work for him.  I went round and round with his neuro trying to get him o2 and imitrix but had no luck.  I didn't have any patience for it and pushed for o2 and imtrix for myself.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Drew_Va
CH.com Junior

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 7:09am

Thanks  for the responses. I woke up at 5:30 shadowing and took one midrin. It appears to have been somewhat succesful.  Time will tell.

Endeavor to persevere

IP Logged

Drew_Va
CH.com Junior

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 7:31am

Following up, Midrin proved to be completely ineffective. Week 5 and the headaches continue..........

Angry

Endeavor to persevere

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!