Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I spent some MONEY, too! (Read 1083 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
I spent some MONEY, too!
Jun 6th, 2008 at 8:38pm

A LOT of it, too!  Over a thousand dollars ... for a TOY!!!

It is a good thing that I am no longer married, cuz she would have KILLED me for this purchase!   (heehee)

I bought me a whole new camera outfit!

I got a Nikon D60, with an 18-55MM lens, and a 55-200MM lens, plus a 4 gig memory stick, an extra battery, carrying case, and tripod.

But OH what a nice TOY!!!  I know VERY little about how to use it, but I am still having fun with it!  I can't wait to get to know it better!

Look at what I can do:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register DSC_0034a.JPG (Attachment deleted)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Re: I spent some MONEY, too!
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 8:39pm

And this one, TOO!!!

Vig taught me all I know!  See how well I learned?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register DSC_0043a.JPG (Attachment deleted)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 8:52pm

All the better to take cleavage shots from a balcony, eh?   Roll Eyes

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 9:09pm

Hey Chuck,
You could have gotten the same thing at Adorama for $699.00 (without the tripod)  Wink.  That's a sweet deal though (outselling the newest Canon), even though I'm biased about my Canon  Kiss.

Anyway, go buy you 2 52 mm UV filters (one for each lens, although they take the same size, I think, it's just as easy to put one on each of them) (B&H has them for $10.60 ea. or get them at Ritz) and at least one circular polarizer (inexpensive, also at Ritz).

Now, have fun with it.  Damn, Dallas is going to be a battle of the cameras  Grin.

Carolyn

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 10:20pm

deltadarlin wrote on Jun 6th, 2008 at 9:09pm:
I'm biased about my Canon

873 years ago, when I was in the Navy, I bought a NICE Canon (for that time) with about 6 different lenses.  I loved it!  I think my oldest son still uses it, on occasion.

Anyway, go buy you 2 52 mm UV filters (one for each lens, although they take the same size, I think, it's just as easy to put one on each of them)

YUP!  They did not have any of that size in the store, so I ordered two of them... They should be here on Tuesday.
Damn, Dallas is going to be a battle of the cameras

It always is!  Or at least at the last four OUCH conventions that I have been to!

Linda_Howell wrote on Jun 6th, 2008 at 8:52pm:
All the better to take cleavage shots from a balcony, eh?   Roll Eyes

OMG!!!  Who would do such a DASTARDLY thing?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register PICT0122a.JPG (Attachment deleted)

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!