Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fluke???? (Read 1701 times)
tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
fluke????
Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:51pm

hi all , Tuck here, just wanted to drop a quick note about melatonin. THANKS TO MELVYN AND THIS SITE, i tryed melatonin last night for the first time. i take daily verapamil and o2 when the hits come and i must say that regimen has been VERY succesful. the problem has been at night. i was getting hit about 15 times a night, the o2 knocked them right down, but lack of sleep was beginning to take a toll. i took 10mg's of melatonin last night and got one hit at about 4 A.M. the o2 whooped its a$$ in about 2 minutes. once again,,A BIG THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS TO ALL HERE.... i dont know if it was a one-time fluke or not. but you can bet your a$$ i'll be poppin 10mg's at bedtime tonight.    Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Re: fluke????
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 2:02pm

Once your situation normalizes, I would try reducing the amount you take until you find just the right amount. I started out taking 9mg, but I've found that I get the same results just taking 3 mg.

Outstanding news!

IP Logged

BrettK
CH.com Junior

It could be worse...

Anchorage, Alaska
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 2:16pm

Tuck, 15 times a night?  You make me feel ashamed that I complain about 4-6 a day.  I'm so very glad the melatonin helped.  But there is another type of headache, much like cluster headaches, that hits more often and for shorter periods.  Its called "Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania" (CPH).  With your number of hits, you might want to read up on it.  Here's a link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.  If you in fact have CPH, indomethacin, an NSAID works "absolutely" in their words.

It's just a thought because it made me question whether I had CHs or CPHs at one point.

Take care,

Brett

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 2:28pm

Brett, i have been a Cluster head for over twenty years. this the ONLY clycle i have EVER had with this many hits at night. normal cycles were 2 to 4  hits a day. (9 and 10 on the kip). my days have been relatively PF. just shadows, on this present cycle, but lots of light hits at night. this is my first cycle of hitting the O2 hard and quick. i am giving it the credit for light days and light (but numerous) night time hits. thanks for your response, any info is GOOD info. God bless and may you be PF !!   Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!