Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boston is saved (Read 1537 times)
fubar
Ex Member

Boston is saved
Jun 11th, 2008 at 5:03pm

This is a followup to my "Boston is doomed" post a while back.

Seems my job in Iceland/Boston has evolved into something that I'm not going to be very interested in, so I won't be moving there after all.  I just got home from Boston last night... boy, was it hot there! 

So, for the moment I'm staying in beautiful California, loving it.  I don't have to work (at all) until September, but in all liklihood I'll take a job sooner that that somewhere else.  I think I'm going to end up in San Jose again (at Cisco), but who knows.  Right now I think I'll just enjoy some well deserved and well paid time off.

Fubar

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Boston is saved
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 5:21pm

Glad to hear it Shawn.  It would have been Californias' loss.

Now maybe if we all have a get-together in Ca. this year you can be there.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

echo
CH.com Alumnus

Chronic and still alive
--- I Win!

Overland Park, KS
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 5:53pm

I'm sure glad that you found this out before you moved.  Enjoy your free time.

"If you love something, let it go.  If it doesn't come back,  hunt it down and kill it". Proud father of a US Marine,  Marine turned COP, Navy Corpsman, and KS Army National Guard. Our  4 sons serve.

IP Logged

fubar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 6:02pm

I'm glad I found out before the move too... it's kind of a weird situation because I was hired to build the business case, and I did such a good job that a major company (Fortune 10) is buying all of our capacity and they won't need a person doing what I do.  Kind of worked myself out of a job... oh well.  At least they'll pay me until September to do nothing.  On to the next venture.

I'd love to make it to a California get together eventually.  I've missed all of the conventions so far.

At least it made me go through all of my crap... I'm still giving everything away.  I'm addicted to downsizing (within reason).  I managed to vacate my storage unit this weekend, which saves me $75/month.  That's a sushi dinner!  Plus, all of the stuff I'm shedding is much more useful and appreciated in somebody else's hands rather than my storage unit or junk drawer.  Win-win.

-Shawn

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 6:15pm

Quote:
 I just got home from Boston last night... boy, was it hot there!  

It aint the temp, bro.....its the damn humidity!...LOL  Wink

Wish I kew you was here, I can be from my driveway to Boston city limits in about six minutes.  Sad

IP Logged

fubar
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 7:27pm

Jonny,

I was in town for all of 12 hours, that's all.  Flew in, slept at The Charles (Harvard Square), went to a meeting, and straight back to the airport.  Each of my last few trips has been brutal like this.  One of these times, I'll get some free time.

-Shawn

IP Logged

jimmers
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 10:00am

Now you can change you name to Cisco Kid Cheesy

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 1:03pm

Good luck at Cisco even though they are known as the Evil Empire Smiley

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:39pm

Good news Shawn, it's a better place to raise the kids! Hold down the fort for me, while I blaze new trails eastward Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!