Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please pray for the folks in the Midwest (Read 4416 times)
Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Please pray for the folks in the Midwest
Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:05pm

I've seen cluster-vibes and cluster-prayers and cluster-love do amazing things.  Please direct it to the Upper Midwest for awhile??

Beginning last Saturday, we've had torrential rains on and off.  Today it's just been awful.  Some places were getting 1 inch of rain in 15 minutes and the storms are not moving away - they're "training."  Multiple storms on the same track over the same areas over and over again.

Lakes and rivers are multiple feet over flood stage, houses are being washed away, ceilings are collapsing, dams are failing, and if it's not bad enough to have a flooded basement, some of them are collapsing.

We personally have a trickle in the basement and are not downriver from anything - we're doing ok.  We know so many people are much worse off and need our vibes and prayers.  Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana are flooding and it won't stop raining!

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

KJ
CH.com Alumnus

Indianapolis, IN
Re: Please pray for the folks in the Midwest
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:23pm

Yep, I'm with you....we need cluster vibes and prayers.

Seems like we got started with tornados, but now it's all about the rain, and the flooding. Rivers overflowing, dams breaking, folks with no where to go. Houses falling into rivers, crops ruined, and more rain coming tomorrow.

Cry

Quit smoking March 6th, 2008

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:26pm

Count me in, megatronic vibes coming from the east!!!

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:36pm

Sending all I've got from Canada.

Carol

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:02pm

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

I'd take some of that here.

hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:41pm

OHH, sooo much destruction! Tornadoes, flooding, rivers cresting........it's got to end soon!

I'll be sending vibage..........of coure, it's risky since I'm in the Pacific Northwest- home of moss and mud.........but were accustomed to it.

I hope Mother Nature gets the msg very soon now.........it's JUNE, for corn's sake!

Stay safe, stay dry and stay PF

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 10:21pm

nani wrote on Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:02pm:
Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

I'd take some of that here.

Smiley

IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:33am

Prayers on the way from Philadelphia!!

Stay safe!

Hugz,
Carrie

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:42am

All I can muster, blowing your way from western PA

with warm regards,
Tony

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 1:40am

Keeping tabs on this--my youngest brother lives in Indiana.  (So far, they're doing okay.) 

All the best I can send to the folks in the midwest.

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 7:08am

The interstate is being shut down due to flooding for aprox 60 mile stretch from Madison to Mauston/Wisconsin Dells.  My Parents live in Gays Mills.  It flooded their last Aug. and the people where just completing putting in carpet and finishing touches on thier homes in Jan. and now they are flooded again.  160 homes where evacuated.  Many are saying they are not returning to thier homes.  My parents are concerned there town will not exist as it was in the near future.  We had nine tornadoes in the area yesterday and lots of rain and lightning.  Thanks for the prayers.  They are coveted at this time.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:28am

3 Bothers and 2 Sisters and their families are in the flood zone near/between the Dells Lake Delton and Baraboo Readsburg areas.  More rain on the way tonight they say.  It's not looking good.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:30am by Redd »  

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 11:25am

We live in St. Louis..........We are not near any bodies of water that would affect us but we have had ankle deep water in our basement.  The ground just cannot hold any more water!  We are not even a hard hit area and it is rough cleaning that up.  My heart breaks for those that are really being affected!  My prayers are on the way!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus

"Too much of a good thing
can be wonderful!!

Houston, TX
Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:49pm

prayers on the way..I hate bad weather!! I am terribly scared of thunders , I hide under the bed when I hear one  Sad...I hope you guys get over this real soon...

Hugs

Rosy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterFunny Love!!!!!!!!!
Rosybabe ttps://www.facebook.com/rossybabe?ref=tn_tnmn smurph  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:19pm

Went to WI last Fri with a boat, but when I stopped at a truck stop for a break was held there because of a tornado warning.  Another driver had a Blackberry and was hooked up to Weatherunderground.  We watched the radar showing a tornado passing less than a mile north of us.  Glad I stopped! 

Nest trip was to Des Moines and back to Fon Du Lac.  Had to go back across I80 into IL because of the flooding in Cedar Rapids closing the roads.  In the 4 hours between the time I went across part of I80 in IA and back from Des Moines a river that I crossed had gone up over three feet, and was threatening a new bridge that was being built.  An hour and a half later they closed I80.

By the tinme I got to Fon Du Lac it had started raining again, and we had to make several detours to avoid rising waters, and when I got into town I was in water up to my bumper a couple of times before I could get to a place to park for the night.  Needless to say, I did not get to load this morning, so I got to go home. Smiley

WI is really getting hit hard, as well as is NE IA.  They really need our prayers.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Jerry - I was in fondy at Walley Weekend when they evacuated the park and my ride back home took me right past the tornado as well!

Funny thing is I hate my house and was praying for a tornado to knock it down. I even sent in an email to a local radio station and they read it on the air; hoping that the collective thought vibes of the listening masses might manifest one over my house but I got little to no damage.

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:36pm

Sump pump went out last night - it's in the unit next door, not mine. Fourth round of basement flooding in a week. It's so bad, the basement and first floor *smell* - ick!

Severe thunderstorm warning here right now. More rain - yeehah! Coming down so fast it hurts when it hits ya.....

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

gore2424
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:42pm

Hi all Terry here in one of the highest point's of DavCon what a mess two nights ago I seen something I havent seen in the over 15 years living at my home. The people across the street had a river of water coming down the middle of their back yard. it was over 25 yards wide and their basement was a flooding big time. Hot and humid and no power. My basement only had a little river of water in laundry room as it was coming out the vent for the dryer good thing it was going right to the drain hole. The night before I took granddaughter down to show her the flood again this year. She was amazed of the power of the Mississippi river. I hope all who are getting hammered with rain,floods, and storms are going to be ok Terry
Olivia by one of the roads close to the Mississippi River
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 8:02pm

And damn if it's not pouring yet again.

I've lived here 47 years and I've never seen it like this.

The Brewers are playing the Minnesota Twins and fans can't get down here from up there.  There are massive freeway closing with detours of over 100 miles.  The roads normally used for detours are flooded, too!

Anyone heard from laSchultz and family?  Woobie?

This is getting very scarey.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mandeville, LA
Reply #19 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 9:36pm

You bet. 

Some advance vibes too for after the flood.

Steve G

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #20 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 8:15am

It's been bad around here, but nothing like you guys in the midwest are getting. Big vibes from Texas coming your way.... Try to stay dry... and safe.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #21 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 9:57am

Sending sunshine and southerly winds.

'darlin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!