Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Daniel has passed away, time to say goodbye (Read 16741 times)
Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Daniel has passed away, time to say goodbye
Reply #100 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:41pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:36pm:
  Quote:
I guess some people here are saying that I made this up for attention.

HUH?    My take is that people here were trying to figure out how they could leave a condolence message and were trying to help you with what we know from how the US does things.

Sad

Com'on, Linda.....folks here have been hunting for Annettes head for years.......dont be an ass, you know it! Angry

Edit to add: Her husband dies and you people still question her.....WHY?

Are you fucked in the head?

Wait until someone you love dies!
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:44pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #101 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:42pm

Oh, my dear Annette!  I have no idea what others may have said, or meant, or thought.

I *do* know how very much it meant to me to read what was written in my dad's online guestbook.  That seems to be the standard here in the US - to be able to send our condolences online, all in once place, where you can print them out and keep them.

My heart is with you, Annette.

Lizzie

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #102 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Quote:

Uncalled for,  and I am now officially out of this thread.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #103 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:24pm

alienspacebabe wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:42pm:
I *do* know how very much it meant to me to read what was written in my dad's online guestbook.  That seems to be the standard here in the US - to be able to send our condolences online, all in once place, where you can print them out and keep them.

I agree, Lizzie.  I enjoyed seeing various members of the  cluster-family post to my dad's online guestbook.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #104 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 2:41am

I do not know the norm, but I have never seen a condolance book except for when Princess Dianna Died.  It is not the norm here where I live.

We also have to pay to have any thing put in the papers, not everyone does, its a personal thing.

Many different places have different ways of doing things.

Annette I am so sorry if you feel in any way harassed, I am sure everyone was doing things they thought would help, just a little different to your ways thats all.

Please be at peace, you have enough to deal with at this time, vibes being sent to help you through.  Embarrassed

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #105 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:15am

Back in here, if you want to see an add in a newspaper, you need to pay a lot of money for it. When my father passed away, my mother considered it for a long time, but eventually paid for a small add at two papers; our local and the local paper at dad's home city. Mom felt that it was easier way to let the rest of the people know.

I don't know how things are done today, but I don't recall seeing online condolence book link mentioned in here - what comes to the funerals I have attended or what comes to the people I know who have passed away. Aguess it's not - at least not commonly - done in here. The idea is very nice, though.

Annette, it's been 11 years since the day my father passed away, but I recall very well how much strength it took from both of us to arrange all the things related to his funeral. Smiley Smiley[smiley=hug.gif]

Sanna
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:16am by sandie99 »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:29am

Quote:
It seems to me that Annette is going through enough without having to answer everyones fucking questions!

Am I wrong on this?......Please tell me if I am! Angry

You may mean well, but how well do you mean?

I think there are two separate things going on here Jonny.

Yes without a doubt, Annette has way too much on her plate to be answering questions. I wouldn't refute that for a single minute.

While I can't speak for everyone's motives, I do know people who are genuinely heartsick over this. They are hurting for Annette and they want to provide some small words of comfort.

We had a memorial page for Kip ourselves remember? People like to be able to say "Bon Voyage" and to give love and support to the family left behind.

We've all signed guestbooks or memorials or whatever you want to call them for many many people and in itself, people asking for one is "normal".

It isn't the custom in every country. For me myself, the first time I ever saw one was here on ch.com (barring Princess Diana) Its a new thing as far as Brits are concerned but I think it's wonderful and a lovely thing to have for ever more.

Peoples questions are absolutely too much now, comments - whatever you want to call it but remember, this has come as a big shock to everyone. No one is thinking straight and I am certain that the majority of people want to comfort not accuse. A sudden death is a terrible thing for everyone.

If I die and there isn't a memorial page set up anywhere - I hope someone here would set one up for me.

I hope this helps, where ever and who ever needs it.

Helen

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #107 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:01am

3 thoughts:
Annette, please don't think that without Daniel you have no reason to be here. I am neither sufferer nor direct supporter...........I'm..I'mm, well, I'm here, nonetheless. You can be too. Itseems there are many here who care about you-why would you leave your friends?

Additionally, it is an automatic reaction, here in the states, to ask if there is a condolence site at the loss of a loved one. Please don't read anymore than that into it..........and, remember, not everyone has to love you....it's enough if some do.

Finally, let's not turn this into a pissing match, please. If something has been said to you in private............THEN LEAVE IT PRIVATE! Now, let's all regroup and remember why we are here.

Cathi-who hates it when the pot is stirred...........
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:03am by Cathi_Pierce »  

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Reply #108 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:32am

Annette,
Greive, mourne and do what ever else you need to do to begin the healing process. Forget about CH.com, it is completely irrelevant to what is happening in your life now.
When you are ready CH.com will welcome you back with open arms.
Be Well
Robbie

IP Logged

jimmers
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:26pm

This is a sad post,

Turned in the SADDEST POST I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sad to me because if what I am reading is true, about a few PM's to someone in need in our CH Family in their time of need and they were truly written by someone in this CH Family questioning things about the validity of the situation in that persons life, you can go to hell and you need to get a life of your own and I am ashamed to know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't friggen believe this. Sad indeed Cry

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #110 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:37pm

Quote:
Quote:
It seems to me that Annette is going through enough without having to answer everyones fucking questions!

Am I wrong on this?......Please tell me if I am! Angry

You may mean well, but how well do you mean?

Im getting some PM's about this post.

Com'on big mouths.....please post here!

Ass-holes!!!!!

Quote:
Theres alot of back stabbing motherfuckers in this family!

Too bad they like to hide in the shadows....COWARDS!!!!!!!

Quote:
[quote author=705552585D6374534B5950503C0 link=1213910869/100#100 date=1214447780]

Com'on, Linda.....folks here have been hunting for Annettes head for years.......dont be an ass, you know it! Angry

Edit to add: Her husband dies and you people still question her.....WHY?

Cathi_Pierce wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:01am:
... it is an automatic reaction, here in the states, to ask if there is a condolence site at the loss of a loved one.

Finally, let's not turn this into a pissing match, please. If something has been said to you in private............THEN LEAVE IT PRIVATE!

Why are you so upset jonny?  These words you've posted are downright mean, hurtful, rude, derogatory, inflammatory, insinuating,  accusatory and an insult to every person here at CH.com.

There are many, many people here who have lost loved ones. There is nothing wrong with wanting to leave sympathies and condolences, and asking if there is a place to do it online. Is this not an internet message board? Plenty of people have posted that they had an online guest book so people could leave personal messages.

In fact, it's something that the bereaved can look back on later, with a smile, and fond memories, and appreciate the posts, and the people who left them.

You have managed to degrade the thread, and cast a pall over it. Calling people names, especially Linda, is totally uncalled for, and immature at best.

I hope you accomplished whatever it was you wanted to accomplish. Trying to make others look bad, so you look good. Sorry, but it has just the opposite effect.

Enjoy your day.

Cathi, good words.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #111 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:31pm

I have modified this post because I cant believe some of you fucking people.

You finally have ran Annette off in her worst time of need, I hope you are happy now!

If you did this to me I would find you and kill you!....thats a given.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:58pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #112 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:09pm

How about this...let it go and take it behind closed doors.  Chris I'm shocked that you would actually continue something in this thread, especially towards Jonny.  Jonny, bringing up bullshit from the PM's, shouldn't have been brought out in the first place.  If it really happened, that disgusts me even more.

It sadens me that this has been put into a thread about someones death, have a little respect for God's sake.  

Angry

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!