Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
9 weeks, gimme a break!! (Read 2547 times)
tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
9 weeks, gimme a break!!
Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:50am

hey all, i was reading in another post where nani mentioned that this year it seems like folks cycles are lasting longer. i am now in my ninth week . thats 1 to 3 three weeks longer than normal for me. Are others out there experienceing this too? For years I cycled every spring and fall, then about ten years ago started to skip the fall and just cycled in spring. Last year for the first time since 1984 i actually skipped a spring cycle!!!! (that was bliss). i just thought that this cycle was longer due to missing an entire year, until i read what nani wrote.   If anyone else is experiencing longer cycles,,any clues as to "why"?????         Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: 9 weeks, gimme a break!!
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:25am

First 20 years they were setting the atomic clock by the start and stop time of my cycles. Hit my 40's and they went all over the board. My last cycle was by far the longest, and coincidence or no....was the first time I had tried imitrex. I have seen several posts recently from people suspecting imitrex had extended the length of their cycles. Obviously nothing scientific but certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Other then that you roll with it! Almost 30 years of the dance and the only thing consistent is change....and this board! Hoping you get a break in the near future, sounds like you could use it.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 6:08am

good to hear from you Guiseppi, ,,concerning the imitex,,, i havent used it for 6 years. Any other suggestions???  by the way, i didnt mention that i am NOT using prednisone this cycle, (thought i could get by with just verap and O2 and melatonin), seriously thinking about calling the doc in the morning. Like others here, I hate the side effects, and I have used it SOO much over the years, but , enough is enough!!!!    Tuck

IP Logged

Audre
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Three Rivers|USA||0|0|MI,Michigan
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 6:19am

Is weather a trigger for you?  I'm the family weather woman and can predict whenever it's going to storm.  You're from Illinois so you've more than likely been getting most of the storms we've had in Michigan.  Seems we missed all the April showers that bring May flowers.  They're now June Showers.  Looking at the 5 day forecast here, every day is Scattered T-Storms.   Angry

IP Logged

Drew_Va
CH.com Junior

x1|Louisa|USA|usa|470|156|VA,Virginia
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:42am

My cycle is showing signs of extending longer than any in the past. FWIW,  I have used more immitrex this cycle than ever. Keep in mind this is only the second time cycle I have had immitrex in my arsenal.

Endeavor to persevere

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:17pm

From 69-2000 you could set your calender by me. From  Mar 2000 to present, the sucker won't leave me in peace. The only change in my life around that time, was my passing the half century mark in my life a few months earlier. Go figure. YMMV
Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:32pm

No Audre, weather doesnt trigger mine. The comments from Kirk and Guiseppi , to be honest, scare the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!  i have fought this since i was 18 ,am almost 42 now, and was hoping things were beginning to lighten up, maybe even DISSAPPEAR!!!!                                                  somebody tell me some good news,,, HELL,, LIE to me!  Feed  me a line of @#$#@#, anything!!!!!!!                sorry folks, starting to get a bit worn down, thanks for letting me b@#$h and moan!         Tuck  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:38pm

98% of cluster headache sufferers find the headaches completely cease on or about their 43rd birthday. Scientists are stumped as to the cause of this sudden ceasing of head aches.  Grin

That BS being said, do you have oxygen? Still my front line abort. And I use prednisone only as a transition for the 2 weeks it takes for my lithium to build up to a therapeudic level.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:29pm

thanks Guiseppi, ya made me smile, and right now , i can use all the smiles i can get!!!! and by the way, YES i use O2, dont know what i would do without it!!! I am gonna start a cycle of prednisone friday, and hopefully the doc will up my dose of verap.  we'll see how that works. Thanks to melatonin, i have at least been sleeping pretty well.  Thanks again for making me laugh dude!  I needed it.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Hey Tuck,

Here's a bit of good new.  My Dad had clusters.  His disapeared when he was ~45.  The bad news is that I'm 47 and they are still dogging me. 

I average 3 months on and 3 months off give or take a month on either end.  This spring was no different.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 5:49am

Just finished a 13 week cycle. My longest yet. I don't think its part of any worldwide movement at this point. Not sure if it is tied to Imitrex use, stress, sunspots, my carbon footprint, or bad karma induced from thinking bad thoughts. All I know for sure, I was ready for its departure.

My hits are not as repetitive and generally triggered so I'm pretty lucky as I can pretty much deal entirely with abortives (O2, Imitrex, Red Bull) to get through. Have never done preventatives except for a try with Kudzu and RC Seeds.

The thing about CH is tht you do end up spending a lot of time pondering the imponderables regarding every aspect of them. Who hasn't sat there and thought to themselves, "I wonder if my using ________ hasn't led to my problem with CH." And been able to apply every misdeed from the time you started making bad choices for yourself to following your doc's advice to the letter?

I hate CH.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 9:10am

Let's see now -- my last cycle started in July of 97 -- doesn't show any signs of letting up..... Smiley  Think I'm going chronic... Wink 

These things don't have any rhyme or reason. They come on when they darn well please and they leave when they get ready.

All we can do is enjoy the PF time we have and hope for the best. Attitude is the best medicine I've found. (Along with O2, Red Bull, coffee, melatonin and a few prevent and abort meds my doc prescribes  Smiley ).

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!