Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 Help (Read 2139 times)
abbiesmom
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

O2 Help
Jun 29th, 2008 at 4:58pm

It has been awhile since I have been here...even have a new login...divorce changes everything...even logins.

So...a new life and a new cycle...this time no insurance..but god bless the people at J& J I can still have my dopeymax....not as bad as I remember it to be or perhaps my body is just adjusting to it quicker than before. 

My arsenal is stocked my Red Bull and the coffee pot is always ready to go but I am wondering about O2.  I have never used it before except in the ER where it worked wonders.  It was far superior to any drug they would try to pump into me...not understanding that I did not want it dark & quiet and I sure as hell did not want to lie down.  I was reading some posts about welders O2...what can anyone tell me?  Is it the same or at least close to and offer the same relief?

HELP!!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: O2 Help
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 5:43pm

It is identical to medical oxygen, comes out of the same tanks they fill medical bottles with. PM Johnny for the info on how to set up welding oxygen rigs for home use as I don't know how. I have a medical rig set up, all the connections are different. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me!!!!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 6:40pm

02 is magic. its like poof.. headache gone

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:25pm

Hi abbiesmom & welcome back

As Guiseppi say's Jonny can give you the goods on how to get welders O2.
Here's a couple of tips on using it.

The 2 basic important thing’s to remember when using oxygen is; get onto it as soon as you feel one coming on, don’t wait around to see how big it will get, secondly is how much you need, what I do after a lot of trial & error is count the number of breaths you inhale before the HA is gone & then keep inhaling the same amount of breaths after it’s gone, if you don’t follow this you are very likely to get a rebound HA that is then quite likely not going to be killed with oxy.
When I say the HA is gone I mean really gone; if you have any tingle of thought at all that it hasn’t completely gone, keep inhaling until you are totally sure that it has gone & then do the follow up breaths, I think this is the probable cause for people not getting complete relief from oxy. DON’T BE IMPATIENT

I can kill a full blown hit within 2 – 5 minutes, that’s one hell of a lot better than battling for up to an hour & saves the repair bills from banging your head on the wall.

Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 11:32pm

Thanks to some great advice I got from some board vets I was able to score a welder's tank and regulator and it was just as easy as walking in and plunking down the old charge card. I certainly can't speak for every welding supply company.... but the one I went to here in LA didn't particularly care to what use I was putting the stuff (I'd read some posts advising people not to divulge that they were buying for CH use).

In fact I was quite up front about it, and the guy who sold it to me and I joked about my "welding" career, my "art" career, etc. Seems to me that if you find a good local company they will sell you whatever hardware you need at the tank end. Then you'll just need to get a rebreather mask - this is critical, the other types will not do the trick. I'm fairly sure you can buy these at any med supply website.

I would definitely advise that you get a humidifier/bubbler though. Pure oxygen can be harsh, and running it through water as they do in hospitals helps. Bubblers are also available at med supply houses or through websites. A couple of wonderful people here have even offered to give them to me! You can also make one.... not that I had any success of course, but someone who's NOT the World's Unhandiest Human might well be able to do so.

Keep us posted. O2 is the greatest.

David

IP Logged

abbiesmom
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 6:54pm

thanks for all of the info...now I just need to get the exact specs and I am on my way to killing the beast before he gets his dastardly claws too far into me  Smiley

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:45pm

hi, good luck with your o2, it was a Godsend for me too!! I recently went through a cycle after an insurance change at work, i was getting my o2 from a medical supolly co. and that company would no longer  accept my insurance. I went 2 months using their o2 paying out of pocket.  For, 120.00 a month I got  a HUGE home tank, and two small portables, that was with regulators and masks. Now granted thats not cheap, but,,,considerinig the money i have spent over the years on neuros, E.R's and coutless perscriptions,,,, well,,, it was money VERY WELL spent.  somewhere here is a link to buying the parts to make your own mask MUCH cheaper than the CH masks you find for sale. But I have found the generic ones work well for me , with a little finger manipulation of the valves while breathing. Good luck!!!!  Tuck
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:47pm by tuck »  

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!