Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Neurologist plan of attack (Read 1498 times)
Mattcentralnewyork
CH.com Newbie

Keep fighting.  You're
not alone!

Syracuse, NY
New Neurologist plan of attack
Jul 1st, 2008 at 7:12pm

All,

Since you seem to be the only people besides my family who understands what I'm going through, I wanted to tell you what a new Neuro said regarding treatment.  Please reply with any comments:

Melatonin 9-12 mg's at night
Depakote er 500 mg..2 at night
Frova  two at night.

Also, he advised me that I can't do workouts with heavy lifting.
Any comments on this plan would be appreciated.

Matt
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:38pm by Mattcentralnewyork »  
mjsabre0325  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Re: New Eurologist plan of attack
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:24pm

I can't remember the dosages of Frova  i took in my last cycle - but it was a sample pack and only took 1pill  per day mid am and pf time would last till next mid am.   Got me a day of no HA each pill.  My neuro said I could take up to 2 frova within a 24 hr period but i never needed more than 1 per day.  He gave me an 8 day sample pack when i started verapamil - that combo gave me no real ha above a 2 or 3 if at all , even when frova ran out and just taking Verap  until my cycle ended.

Never took depakote but have seen many other posters taking it and reporting success.  Others have reported melatonin working great for them to avoid the night time hits-  i tried it a couple of nights in high cycle and didn't give it too much of chance before i stopped trying. 

Sounds like you have a pretty informed neuro!

kelly

IP Logged

Mattcentralnewyork
CH.com Newbie

Keep fighting.  You're
not alone!

Syracuse, NY
Re: New Eurologist plan of attack
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:36pm

Thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated!

Matt

mjsabre0325  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: New Neurologist plan of attack
Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 6:08am

If it were me I'd INSIST on O2. Meds are fine, but the O2 is a great standby and most of us here swear by it.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:45pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Get the 02
Never MIX Triptans. If your taking Frova and have any other  triptans. Wait 24 hours before taking any triptans other than Frova.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:42am

be sure to give anything you try a few days to take effect. i also recommend keeping a record of what you've tried and what works.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:47am by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!