Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any experience with Champix? (Read 2188 times)
RugbyHead
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Auckland, New Zealand
Any experience with Champix?
Jul 5th, 2008 at 10:04am

I'm looking at using Champix to quit smoking - and are taking Lithium and Verapamil.

Has anyone any experience with using these together - and have you noticed any side effects.

Thanks in advance  Smiley

"Go the AB's"

IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Re: Any experience with Champix?
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:15am

I have taken Champix twice! but not mixed with Verapamil etc

The side effects of the Champix itself for me were bad moods, being very irritable, constipation and insomnia!

Found giving up smoking easy whilst I was on them but once the three months was up the cravings came back big time and I ended up smoking again.  Did two three month courses over 9 months but am now back to smoking again!

I also suffer with depression and from what I have read champix and depression don't go well together?

I wish you luck though!

Lisa
x

IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 8:50pm

Rugbyhead:

I used Chantix for just 6 days. Severe side effects, but not related to my using verapamil and lithium.

A note: if you have any history of depression, DO NOT take Chantix. It's not worth it. (just my opinion, but an educated opinion)

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 10:43am

I took Chantix and had no side effects.  After 6 weeks I was suprised that I completely lost interest in smoking and quitting was easy.  Unfortunatly, after a couple months smoke free, the beast returned with a vengeance, I started a steroid taper and it was either smoke or start killing people  Shocked

Talk to your Dr. and see if Chantix is an option for you.  I have read stories about serious side effects and Chantix is not for everyone.

Good Luck!!

Beth

IP Logged

kika
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 4:36am

sorry, i know this is not an answer to your question, but wanted to pass on that i was able to quit smoking ( smoked 2 packs/day king size, regular strength at one point) by reading " the easy way" by allen carr.

best of luck to you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!