Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
finally some o2 relief (Read 2777 times)
casey
CH.com Newbie

I miss sleep, it was my
favorite

Des Moines, IA
finally some o2 relief
Jul 7th, 2008 at 2:11am

need to vent. on thurs the 3 the ok for my o2 finally went through. this is the same day i am to leave for vac. 4 days with my all my family (my kids, brothers sisters ' mom and dad) this is a big once a year event. my personal family and myself got a late start waiting around for the inrc to pay for the o2 and get it loaded up. now don't get me wrong the o2 worked this is the first time i can see a light in this because up till the o2 nothing helped. my normal 2 hour night hits where destroyed in about 15 min. no really and believe me i didn't think this was going to help. i thought what is o2 going to do, if all the shots and pills only helped a little. i know this was only 1 night of trying but dam it how can you not be happy. 2 hr. to 15min. i am pumped to try this today for the day time hits (due to driving i didn't have it ready to go yesterday) hell I'm pumped. i have time to make up with my 2 little girls i been a bad father because of this and up until this morning it had me beat no really i was beat. i woke my wife up this morning on accident and she really said, you look different, then she followed up with, your standing up straight again. she started to cry when i told here how much the 02 helped.

so now the vent. 02 is not that expensive i asked and at the place i went to pick mine up and if the incr hadn't paid anything i could have got a hugh tank for only $50 or so. i would have paid anything if i had know how much this would have helped. so why don't they make this the first step in treatment. all i had to pay was $4.89 for a medium tank. my shot cost me $89 with insurance. if this is proven to help a lot of us why don't they start with it. i asked for it many times, my wife asked them for it, but i had to wait. the nuro even said he new it help most people with ch and they made me wait!!!!

this site is awesome. with out it my head would be down and no o2 thank you all for the info. i got to go make up some lost time with the kids. i almost didn't come this year.

here is to flying with no spell check on a hotel lobby computer,
thanks
casey

p.s i wrote this on the forth but i could not get it to post at the hotel my wife then showed me how to cut and paste then save on a e mail to re cut and paste but she made me promise not to change it. the o2 helped the hole week end.

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Re: finally some o2 relief
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:06am

Gives cluster life a whole new outlook eh. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 8:52am

That's great news Casey!  I couldn't be happier for you and your family.  Now go and enjoy your family!
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 10:27am

That's great news Casey!!

I always shake my head and wonder why 02 is not the first option for Dr's when dealing with clusterheadaches.  The side effects are non-existent and it is cheap compared to triptans.

Glad to hear you are getting to enjoy some pf time!!

Beth

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 10:39am

Casey, I couldn't be happier to hear that you've finally found some relief with this thing.  That's great news. 

O2 is a real life-saver for a lot of people here--their first line of defense.

casey wrote on Jul 7th, 2008 at 2:11am:
so now the vent. 02 is not that expensive i asked and at the place i went to pick mine up and if the incr hadn't paid anything i could have got a hugh tank for only $50 or so. i would have paid anything if i had know how much this would have helped. so why don't they make this the first step in treatment. all i had to pay was $4.89 for a medium tank. my shot cost me $89 with insurance. if this is proven to help a lot of us why don't they start with it. i asked for it many times, my wife asked them for it, but i had to wait. the nuro even said he new it help most people with ch and they made me wait!!!!

I've never understood the obvious reluctance on the part of some physicians to prescribe oxygen to CH sufferers.  Some of it is certainly simple ignorance, but the experience of a number of folks here has been that their doctor has been downright hostile about it.

Oxygen is simple, cheap, and effective.  It's easily obtained, and it has fewer side effects than many of the drugs that are prescribed for the acute treatment of individual CH attacks. 

Your "rant" is right on the money.  If I could, I'd print it in gold and send it to every doctor treating a CH patient.  Well said.

Why indeed?

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 9:30pm

First off Casey that's wonderful news. It gives you a whole new outlook on CH when you've got that 02 tank sitting in the corner. Wink

And I've made that same rant so many times I sound like a recording. They're so quick to peddle you habit forming, destructive narcotics, but won't give you simple, safe oxygen! Undecided

Damn glad to hear it's working for you, it sure saved my sanity. 30 years and it's still my first line abortive.

guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus

If I can do it, it ain't
art.

Media, PA
Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 8:43pm

Casey.....if you thought O2 worked well with a stock NRB, wait'll you go and build yourself a Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Heh,
RJ

May those who don't want any&&Have memories of never getting any.&&
WWW Mr. Happy 6108764393 Randy Piscatorus  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!