Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
There is Cure !!! (Read 8996 times)
maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: There is Cure !!!
Reply #25 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 4:20am

Jeff M, never feel sorry for the pain your in, or the fact that utter stupidity cures like this enrage you when in cycle..... I'm sure it woulda yanked my chain while hurting as well. I'm not enduring hits right now, thank Wodan, so I can pass it off as the blahblah it is.
You're in pain, great pain, and are more than welcome here to vent or whatever it is that you need.

But never, and I mean never apologize for the Beast! Got that? Okay then.

Best regards and painfree vibes to you and all others hurting right now from the Netherlands.  Smiley

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Ram
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:26am

Dear All,

I appreciate your views/comments/thoughts etc..etc... If one looks at the history of evolution of man, and how mankind has progressed, it would not be surprising to note that there has always been more dissent than acceptance to anything new. So I am not all perturbed or angry or annoyed or anything else for that matter. I only see history repeating itself and some has rightly said..."what we learn from history is that we don't learn from history"..Ironical..isn't it? I worked for me, works for me and will work me..and I told you about it..take it or leave it...like they say...common sense is not common.. Smiley

Ram

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #27 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 7:21am

Ram wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:26am:
..I worked for me, works for me and will work me..

Grammatically as valid as her cure.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #28 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 7:54am

Dear All,

I appreciate your views/comments/thoughts etc..etc... If one looks at the history of evolution of man, and how mankind has progressed, it would not be surprising to note that there has always been more dissent than acceptance to anything new. So I am not all perturbed or angry or annoyed or anything else for that matter. I only see history repeating itself and some has rightly said..."what we learn from history is that we don't learn from history"..Ironical..isn't it? I worked for me, works for me and will work me..and I told you about it..take it or leave it...like they say...common sense is not common.. Smiley

Ram

We will try REAL hard not to laugh at you, and say "I told you so ..." when we see you back in here, the next time your cycle starts, and the salt does nothing.

I WILL believe that you are now no longer in pain.   I WON'T believe that salt had anything to do with it.  It just so happens that your cycle stopped at that time.  Your next cycle will not get the same results.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #29 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 8:53am

Dear All,

Ram

Maybe we've been a bit hard on you, but understand that we all have tried so many things, when in the end only oxygen, imitrex and a couple of preventatives seem to work. And for those who've tried, the clusterbuster method. I've heard so much crap over the years, you wouldn't believe. What works for people, hey I'm glad but I agree with Chuck, it is a coincidence your cycle stopped.
And yeah, maybe their are some suspicious minds here who believe you're either trolling or are an agent for something ''alternative''.

Furthermore do I really not care for the tone of your post. Common sense? It's as much common sense as suggesting (as someone once did to me) to find my innerchild to be cured from my headaches. Ha!
I'm perfectly satisfied with my outside adult, so no need for that.

Shocked

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:08am

Ram,

We have been very tough on you. For good reason.

Your assumption that we are ignorant of many options for our malady is indicative of your approach to your world. That may work for you...but it doesn't work for us.

Scot

Scott

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #31 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:30am

Hi Ram,

First let me say that I mean no disrespect in this post.  That being said, I feel sorry for you.  I wish that there were a cure for all of us that suffer from this terrible condition!  I wish it with all my heart.  The fact, though, is that there is not. 

Have you been Dx by a true MEDICAL DR?  If so I would hated for you to delude yourself into thinking that you are really cured.  As much as I wish it for you, and for everyone else, I just don't think that it is possible.  Not yet.  Someday maybe but not today.

If you truly do suffer from CH I would urge you to at least be prepared. ( Just in case) 

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:14am

Quote:
Maybe we've been a bit hard on you,

[ long pause ]

[ still pausing ]

Naahhhh.....

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #33 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:59pm

But these cures really appear to work. 

If I duct-tape a magnet to my forehead, I'm pretty certain that my headaches will stop within 6-8 weeks.  And stay away for almost a year.

Wrap the pinky finger on my pain side in aluminum foil, and I'm pretty certain that my headaches will stop within 6-8 weeks.  And stay away for almost a year.

Wash my hair daily with the urine of a guinea pig in heat, and I'm pretty certain that my headaches will stop within 6-8 weeks.  And stay away for almost a year.

Gosh, I wish I knew a good marketeer so I could sell this stuff...

Jon

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #34 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 9:39am

A public, and most humble, apology to GrandPotentate.

I kneel with my head bowed before you, good sir, over those nasty and abusive PMs I sent you regarding the necessity for the guinea pigs being 'in heat'.  

I naturally presumed you meant I should cook them first.

(PS.  Do girl-animals really do that?)

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #35 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 12:00pm

GrandPotentate wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:59pm:
Wash my hair daily with the urine of a guinea pig in heat, and I'm pretty certain that my headaches will stop within 6-8 weeks.  And stay away for almost a year.

And NOW you're telling me that??? I have two guinea pigs right here! I could have "cured" myself already a year ago... Wink

But seriously, I laughed at that part for about ten minutes or so... Smiley

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:30pm

heres a PROVEN alternative medicine.

beats the hell out of imitrex any day

as far getting your doctors approval how about this one

hows that for alternative medicine?

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 11:46am

Quote:
hows that for alternative medicine?

Beats the hell out of boiled boar urine. Smiley
Salt makes me poofy.
thebb Wink

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:25pm

i have read all these and i am quite offended at the notion of the original of some quacky miracle cure. i have had too much , spent to much money, taken to many medicines and to much ridicule to be patrionized like this. i am here to get real help to get real suport and to give the same. that post is a waste of my time.
  that being said i believe this man may be so desperate that grasping at straws might be all he has left, if so maybe we can help but first he has to get real.

IP Logged

Mrs. Wishbone
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reply #39 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:44pm

Jeff M, don't you dare apologize for what you said.  Clearly, RAM needs help and some education on CH.   All RAM got from the cluster family that responded to him was ridicule and laughed at.  Clearly RAM needs help along with so many others that are desperate for a cure or at least help to get through.   Lets try to help and not be so rude.  Where is the cluster headache family that is here to help those in need?  Lets be a family and be helpful not laughing at others that need help.

Julie Moss
Mrs. Wishbone

Julie Moss

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #40 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:53pm

People I have just signed back on to CH.com having been absent since 2006, but I have been a CH suffer for 12 years. Needless to say I am not familar with the Message Board and maybe its real purpose, but I did just return from the O.U.C.H. Convention in Dallas, met a lot of wonderful people, all of whom encouraged me to Post (which I did today), but I must confess I for one strongly offended by most of the responses proffered to Ram.  Yes I totally agree he is being steered in a wayward path, but aren't of we sometimes.  I mistakenly thought CH.com was a haven of refuge not a path of ridicule.  Yes I am but a newbie and in full cycle myself, but rather than using Ram as an opportunity for those that Chat daily to play verbal volleyball I think it would have been so much nicer in more of the spirir of what I again mistakenly thought CH.com was all about was to maybe informed Ram that maybe he was going off cycle, that he was being taken for a ride with salt.  So now rather than hit on Ram you can take your pot shots at me, I doubt you will get many more opportunities.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:03pm

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:53pm:
So now rather than hit on Ram you can take your pot shots at me, I doubt you will get many more opportunities.

I'm not sure what this means. Care to explain?

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #42 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 3:18am

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:53pm:
I again mistakenly thought CH.com was all about was to maybe informed Ram that maybe he was going off cycle, that he was being taken for a ride with salt.  

I think Ram already knew this.  S/He has been suffering from clusters for 20 years.

If I went to a brain cancer support group and said eat a twinkie to be cured of brain cancer, would that be irresponsible of me? 

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #43 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 3:19am

Ernie, nobody's going to take potshots at you for standing up for Ram...but you're going to have a busy time defending these guys with the bogus "cures" that show up here pretty much biweekly. 

See how many "cures" are from first-time posters, who only give a cursory description of their "cluster headaches" before launching into their pitch.  We have any number of shills trying to peddle something or other here, and we've gotten a bit touchy about it.  A couple weeks ago, it was "oxygenated water". 

Just as we have a responsibility to give those who need a hand the best advice we have to give, there is a commensurate responsibility to point out quackery, fakery, and bogus claims.  It's difficult to think of anything more bogus than homeopathy. 

I have nothing at all against being open-minded, but I think it's doing a disservice to others here to be so open-minded that the wind whistles through.  There's a difference between being supportive--and accepting any sort of nonsense that comes wandering in from the wilds of the internet.

Where's Ram?  I suspect he's moved along to the next disease du jour.

Again--welcome, Ernie.  Hope to get to know you better.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:16am

Quote:
If I went to a brain cancer support group and said eat a twinkie to be cured of brain cancer, would that be irresponsible of me?

Not necessarily. Twinkies are delicious.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #45 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:32am

Julie & Ernie, Ram did not ask for help or education, nor was he interested in a relationship with us. 

To my understanding, there is no cure.  If this thread bothered you, avoid any threads with the word cure.  You can choose what you read and what you participate in.

The support is here.  Don't doubt it.  If Ram wanted support, he would have had it.  He did not want it.  He also did not want to know or help any of us.

Charlotte

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #46 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:55am

Sorry Ernie and Julie. I'm sorry that you choose to misplace your pity. First off, CH.com isn't a pity party. Secondly, RAM is the one that has come back with repeated "high-mindedness" and superior sounding sound-bytes about the people here at CH. I've spent a bit of time here and don't believe that lends itself to simply by jaded, but prefer to consider the exact same pattern of communication to be experience that helps me guide my life (and avoid people like RAM and their advice).

I've used Kudzu, RC Seeds and a variety of other ideas. Some successfully, others not so much. So, before you write me off as just another cranky old CH'er, I'm not. But I know a shill when I see one. And RAM was a shill - good riddance.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:28am

Salt is not a treatment for CH. Welcome all newbies. Read and learn.
There is no cure for CH.....yet.
These are the medically accepted treatments for CH. And we all know it. Salt...That is insulting. Like eating mustard and 02 rusts your pipes. Give me a break.
all the best Cheesy
thebb Wink

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:40am

Mrs. Wishbone wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:44pm:
Jeff M, don't you dare apologize for what you said.  Clearly, RAM needs help and some education on CH.   All RAM got from the cluster family that responded to him was ridicule and laughed at.  Clearly RAM needs help along with so many others that are desperate for a cure or at least help to get through.   Lets try to help and not be so rude.  Where is the cluster headache family that is here to help those in need?  Lets be a family and be helpful not laughing at others that need help.

Julie Moss
Mrs. Wishbone

C'mon, now. This IS family. And we all know that families are some of the most dysfunctional organizations on the face of God's green earth.

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #49 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:07pm

As I see it, Ram is plain and simply a huckster, trying to make a buck out of CH sufferers. Smiley

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!