Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I am so Frustrated (Read 8969 times)
sunshinesheraleigh99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: I am so Frustrated
Reply #25 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 12:33pm

He reads on this website...but all the information gets all tangled up in his brain.  He has watched the videos which are heartbreaking for us...just so he can see for himself what he looks like.  He won't let me record him but he does the same things. 

So I read everything I can get my hands on...I am a big time knowledge seeker which sometimes drives him nuts lol...but I do it on everything that I have questions about.  From this to my daughters butt rashes haha... 

So what I do for him is research it all..relay it back to him and if he is curious he reads it as well.  Or I will read some things and he will read some things and we compare notes. He is just now opening about his cycles more and more to people who care.  Before it was just me and his parents that really understood and were there.  Now his brother and my parents know more about what he is going through...he used to feel ashamed till he started reading and acknowledging that he isn't alone.  People do care and people do understand although they still don't see his pain first hand they can still feel for him and that means a lot.

Myself and his father are the only ones that have seen him get a hit.  So unless you see a hit you will never understand what it means to have pain.  Trying to explain what he is going through to anyone that doesn't fully understand is pointless.  He does try and he does welcome the comfort from people more so now.

I just want to point everyone here who is curious because it's so hard to explain..maybe I'll print out a lot of the information and just carry it with me everywhere lol

Oh and he does have one those mask..he specifically asked for one when he bought his o2 tank.  I think he just might get addicted to the o2...is that possible? lol  His dad told him he was going to be an o2 junkie and his new nickname is  senior citizen haha

IP Logged

Lee_Ann
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Texas
Reply #26 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 12:46pm

I understand the information overload.  I think it's hard when someone is in that much pain.  I too am the researcher and google everything.

He thanks me everyday and it is worth it.

Glad to hear your hubby is reading here and got the mask.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #27 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 3:17pm

1. Click on the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

2. Print out many copies.

3. Give one to each of your family members and friends.

4. Always have one with you to give to somebody new to this condition.

5. Lather, rinse, and repeat as necessary.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Lee_Ann
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Texas
Reply #28 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 4:10pm

Thanks Brew, just printed a copy.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #29 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 8:35am

Quote:
Also, get your hubby on here to read.  It took me 7 years to get mine on here.  He still hasn't signed up, but at least he's reading now and doesn't feel alone.

Yeah, I'm a 23 chronic sufferer (currently in a very low KIP cycle/remission?) and it took me years before I signed on. Don't know why, and finding it did help me to know I was not alone. I think it had something to do with admitting I was so badly off. Maybe. Or just stupid ego and pride. At any rate, I'm glad to be here! Your husband will be so as well, eventually. lance

IP Logged

sunshinesheraleigh99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 10:47pm

Thank you for that print out:)  It will come in handy...everyone and their momma has had CH at one point or another that we have tried to explain this to.  I kinda roll my eyes without even knowing it and my husband tells me later lol...I just /shrug

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!