Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Cluster Come Back (Read 2187 times)
ClusterPhked
CH.com Newbie

Lucky Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baton Rouge, La
The Cluster Come Back
Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:01pm

Well I have entered yet another cycle of this living hell, that was nice enough to show up for the fourth of July festivities!  3-5 serious attacks a day and usually one around 2:30. I am completely worn out , but on a positive note I met with a new neurologist this morning and he seemed to be very knowlegable about our condition and had genuine concern for people in our posistion.  Its like a weight was lifted of my shoulders to finally be in the hands of a confident doctor!!

He prescribed me:
O2 with the 100% mask-
Decadron (dexamethasone) qty 60 4mg tablets - Steroid for 4 weeks
Lorazepam qty 40 1mg - anxiety/insomnia while on decadron 3x daily
OTC prilosec
Melatonin to help with sleeplessness and jet lag

All of these meds are new to me and would appreciate any advice or comments you may have on them. 

Also I have never flown while midst a cycle, and have a trip to europe booked for the 18 of july,should i cancel my Flight?

Thanks guys for any help! Just knowing that their are others out thier experiencing this with me, makes it some how alittle better!

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: The Cluster Come Back
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:18pm

ClusterPhked wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:01pm:
should i cancel my Flight?

Hell no, just ask your doc for Imitrex injects or Zomig nasal spray......Triptans will kill it in mere minutes!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:42pm

Welcome to the board. Jonny is right, don't cancel the flight, we try to never give in to the beast, it's a victory for him! Get either imitrex injectables, I've flown with them numerous times and TSA never gives me any flack, or the nasal sprays.

Glad you found us, sounds like you have a knoweldgeable doctor, a great find!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ClusterPhked
CH.com Newbie

Lucky Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baton Rouge, La
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:57pm

Guiseppi wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:42pm:
Welcome to the board. Jonny is right, don't cancel the flight, we try to never give in to the beast, it's a victory for him! Get either imitrex injectables, I've flown with them numerous times and TSA never gives me any flack, or the nasal sprays.

Glad you found us, sounds like you have a knoweldgeable doctor, a great find!

Guiseppi

I took yalls advice and got out of the house to go shoot soom fish.  Shot my personal best blue cat @ 41.5 # and a nice tabby cat @ 22#. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register July_2008_-_big_blue.JPG (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:13am

There now.  Don't you feel better?

That being said, that there fish is one big ugly mother.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 6:10am

those big un's gotta let off some kinda stink!

agree with the others. get the good doc to get you the very effective imitrex injects as aborts if you are travelling.

your next questions, if you are going to Europe, is how to get past the the good wine and beverages while you are there without a "sploding" head.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

ClusterPhked
CH.com Newbie

Lucky Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baton Rouge, La
Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 6:49pm

Thanks Guys , what ever the doc did its working and i am feeling like my old slef again- I leave in 2.5 days and got enough meds to stop a cleidsdale.  I will let you know how i make out.  Mean while Check out my club HellDivers.org for more spearfishing action.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:14am

Did the doc talk about a preventive, such as Verapamil?

What you have are good to abort an attack but I'd expect some long term preventive to be started now since it takes a couple of weeks to become effective.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!