Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can past meds cause trigeminal neuralgia (Read 935 times)
sulli
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Can past meds cause trigeminal neuralgia
Jul 11th, 2008 at 11:03pm

I have been dealing with trigeminal neuralgia for the past few years.  About 3 years ago I was treated for hep c & was given Pegasys & Copegasys injections for 1 year. I am wondering if anyone knows if the past medication side effects could now be causing me to have severe pain from trigeminal neuralgia.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Re: Can past meds cause trigeminal neuralgia
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 12:03am

Among the many side effects, peripheral neuropathy listed... so, it's possible I guess.

Quote:
ADVERSE REACTIONS
PEGASYS alone or in combination with COPEGUS causes a broad variety of serious adverse reactions (see BOXED WARNING and WARNINGS). The most common life-threatening or fatal events induced or aggravated by PEGASYS and COPEGUS were depression, suicide, relapse of drug abuse/overdose, and bacterial infections, each occurring at a frequency of <1%. Hepatic decompensation occurred in 2% (10/574) of CHC/HIV patients (see WARNINGS: Hepatic Failure and Hepatitis Exacerbations).

In all hepatitis C studies, one or more serious adverse reactions occurred in 10% of CHC monoinfected patients and in 19% of CHC/HIV patients receiving PEGASYS alone or in combination with COPEGUS. The most common serious adverse event (3% in CHC and 5% in CHC/HIV) was bacterial infection (e.g., sepsis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, pyelonephritis, pneumonia). Other SAEs occurred at a frequency of<1% and included: suicide, suicidal ideation, psychosis, aggression, anxiety, drug abuse and drug overdose, angina, hepatic dysfunction, fatty liver, cholangitis, arrhythmia, diabetes mellitus, autoimmune phenomena (e.g., hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, sarcoidosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis), peripheral neuropathy, aplastic anemia, peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding, pancreatitis, colitis, corneal ulcer, pulmonary embolism, coma, myositis, cerebral hemorrhage, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, psychotic disorder, and hallucination.

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!