Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Triggers (Read 1388 times)
Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Triggers
Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:38am

Does sugar consumption seem to cause these headaches in anyone else? I know alcohol is a big no no. But since alcohol breaks down in the bloodstream to sugar(I think) I am wondering about this. I will stop eating stuff containing sugar and see if it helps and let you all know. I am still looking for the demon in my backyard. I have a place that needs fertilizer and we all know what the demon is full of!
Sophia
I gotta laugh, it hurts too much to cry.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Triggers
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:40am

Hej Sophia.

Please read this:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hope it is of some worth for you.

Hilsen fra Nederlanderne.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:52am

maalstroom wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:40am:
Hej Sophia.

Please read this:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hope it is of some worth for you.

Hilsen fra Nederlanderne.

Hi and thanks but all I got was the home page??? I will keep looking as it is probably under my nose. Sophia

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 8:58am

Actually, it's the other way around. Sugar is consumed by yeast in the fermentation process, and the yeast gives off two byproducts: alcohol and CO2.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:40pm

Quote:
Actually, it's the other way around. Sugar is consumed by yeast in the fermentation process, and the yeast gives off two byproducts: alcohol and CO2.

never thought about that bill. thats a good point.

when i'm in cycle chocolate is a trigger for me. among other things.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:23pm

Quote:
What Should I Avoid As a CH sufferer?
Everyone is different, and even though cluster cycles happen on a schedule - they can be induced in patients by giving nitroglycerine. This shows there are some chemical triggers ... some patients have reported gas and other emission fumes as a trigger, as well as solvents and ammonia.
During an active CH cycle many patients
find that alcohol is a sure headache trigger
... even a few sips of beer can trigger a painful bout ...
so spare yourself and don't drink at all till you know your cycle is over.
Sometimes moving or visiting a different climate, altitude, humidity zone, time-zone or latitude can set off adaptive reactions in the hypothalamus which lead to an isolated Episode or even start a CH 'cycle', but this is highly specific to the individual.
A number of other precipitating factors have been noted
in a smaller number of patients and include stress, relaxation, exposure to heat or cold, glare, hay fever attacks, and, occasionally, the ingestion of specific foods (chocolate, eggs, dairy products). There is some evidence that head trauma can precipitate the syndrome.

Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:26pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!