Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am not alone!!!!!!! (Read 1052 times)
Tuckerman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hotlanta, GA
I am not alone!!!!!!!
Jul 23rd, 2008 at 2:05pm

Hello all fellow clusterheads!

35yo male, atlanta, ga and been dealing with clusters since about 1998, and finally diagnosed in 2005 with Clusters.  Like most of you, suffered with the wrong diagnoseses (can't spell at all) - sinusitus, allergies, etc.

Finally, Dr. Kelman in Atlanta has been a huge help!  I am an imitrex junkie, as well as prednisone, verapimil.  Just finished my longestest cluster and most intense.   Angry Roll Eyes 

Just wanted to say hello to all, and glad I found this place!

Thanks,
Todd

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: I am not alone!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 2:11pm

Be very very welcome, Tuckerman. As the saying 'round here goes: glad you found us, but sorry ya had to.
I guess most of us qualify as  Imitrex junkies while in high cycle. My last cycle was the first time for me with oxygen and Verapamil, before that I always relied on both the injectables and the tablets (the trexies that is).
In the nineties I once tried a preventative which is called sandomigran here, but probably known to Americans as Pitozifeen. Didn't help unfortunately.

Anyway, welcome and be a part of this eccentric little family.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 10:22pm

Glad the hell has ended for you.  Stick around here and prepare yourself better for your next cycle. Watch the imitrex brother.  It may have contributed to your worst cycle.  It cause rebounds galore.  Once I got on o2, I rarely used imitrex and it saved me a ton of money as well.  Stay with us and share your experiences to others, you may be able to help someone yourself.  But please ask questions if you have them.  THere are a few people here who literally know just about everything about CH.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:12am

Welcome to the site!   Read all that you can -  you'll get great info and support here-   from one fellow 'junkie' to another wishing you pf times ahead!

kelly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!