Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
medication (Read 934 times)
richard
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

medication
Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Hi richard here i posted a message on new and got replys that i should post on med trearment I am a 5 year ch with daily ch and have tryed most of the meds that are posted my nuro put me on cymbalta 60 mg twice a day it is a depressant and for nerve pain i can tell you all that now i get a mild ch once every 2 or 3 day that last 10 min. with oxy or 15 to 20 with nothing but thay are mild.   if anybody is on cymbalta for a longer period of time i would like to know if you got any side a fcts thanks :)

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: medication
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 3:54pm

I can only guess that he is doing a trial to see if it might help. Can't find any mention of it at PubMed for its use with headaches of any type.

But over the years, many meds have been tried this way: a trial appears in the literature and then that med disappears--didn't work. But that's the way many off label applications have come into general use: "them what works live on".

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!