Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Putting Pressure on the neck (Read 926 times)
wcm4
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Putting Pressure on the neck
Jul 28th, 2008 at 1:26pm

First let me start off by saying been suffer since I was 14, I am turning 30 in a week. The number one thing that helps me is to put pressure on the carotid artery on the side my headaches occure which is my leftside. The restricts some blood flow and my pain is relived. Needless to say during an episode i spent a lot of time with my hand on my neck. Has anyone had this work for them.

IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Re: Putting Pressure on the neck
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:28pm

wcm, I have tried applying pressure everywhere (including most of the walls in my house) unfortunately this does not relieve the pain (however on a couple of occasions after hitting walls and the demon left I realized I had other pain which O2 or trix did not relieve), but sometimes during a high kip I am able able to locate a certain spot that I can apply pressure and the pain will subside but only momentarily.  It is almost like a mercury from a broken termometer, you put your finger on it and it either breaks into pieces or slips away.  The carotid artery is one of those places, back of neck, temple, above eye, top of head.  During low kip I do agree pressure does help is reducing the pain, but for me it never eliminates the pain.  I have only had the demon for 12 years but I have now learned to stay, or least try my best, calm during the attacks so I try and focus on breathing the O2 etc.  Man I am proud for you that you have found a technique that works for you and here's wishing you PF days.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!