Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi Guys (Read 2435 times)
BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Hi Guys
Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:35pm

Not posted here in about a year coz no internet for a wile and a few other life reasons wich i wont go in to Smiley anyhow just wanted to say hi and chat to the people who understand me more than anyothers

Im still haveing 2 periods of CH a year 6 weeks or so at christmas and 6 weeks or so well right now mid summer and atm i am in hell worse than ever and need to sleep wich isnt much of a option atm not good when i have to drive all day for my job just hope they dont fire me this time *fingers crossed* 2 days off up to now and its only 2 weeks in.

My wife and kids are still my best support and i could not deal with this shit with out them.

well anyone that remebers me Hi guys and to all the new guys i look forward to meeting you

PF wishes to you all

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Hi Guys
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 7:47pm

Welcome back, Brian.  Sorry to hear that you're still getting hit.  I used to cycle twice a year for six weeks or so in just the same way.

Sure, I remember you, but I forget--did we ever get you started using oxygen?  An effective preventive medication?

With a little work, perhaps we can help you get these under some sort of control.

I'm sure the Limey contingent will be along shortly to get you sorted out with the NHS and so forth.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 8:07pm

Hi George Thanks man i appreciate your reply

Yes i been CHer for 4 years ,2 i suffered alone thinking i was going to die then i found this wonderful site and Lelimey and yorky helped me so much and 02 is a super hero and imigran is its sidekick lol

all my other cycles have been 2 to 3 hits a day this one is like 5 to 10 and most are night time i abort 1 with the 02 lay down 10 mins later bang hit again so 2 to 3 hours a night im in hell i cant drive the next day after that Sad really worried about my job atm verapamil was usless to me made change whatso ever.

anyhow i have ranted to much tonight need to go to bed and prey i dont wake dancing ones again this is the first cycle i been afraid to sleep anyhow cyas all later

PF wishes to you all

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

CH Ron
CH.com Newbie

PF wishes to all!

San Diego, CA
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:39am

Brian,

I just started using melatonin and it seems to help me sleep.  Freddy Kruger hasn’t visited me since Saturday when I started using it.

I was told to use 12-15mg although you should titrate up 3mg ever couple of days and work up to the 12-15mg level.  I’m at 9mg and it’s working well.

I was a nut and took 15mg the first time I tried it.  It worked really well although I was glad the next day was a day off for me.  It was tough getting up.

PF wishes to you my friend!

Ron

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 1:45am

Welcome back to the board. Verapamil didn't work for me either, might want to ask your doc about lithium. I'm episodic like you, and a cop, so it limits my options. Lithium has been my silver bullet as far as an effective prevent that still allows me to work. With oxygen to back it up it's made me as close to normal as I can be!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 3:55am

Hi Brian, horrible to see you're in such pain.

In my experience, when getting hit with a particular nasty one like a kip9, it is an unwise idea to lie down immediately after it subsided. No matter how exhausted, going to rest or back to sleep within 30 minutes will cause it to creep right back on me. To me, it's better to smoke a few fags, drink some water and watch what happens. If I can be sure to get back to sleep, I will.
God, don't you just hate those nighttime hits? Often just being afraid to even sleep?

I hope you will be pf soon.

Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 4:13am

PF days your way, Brian!

Wishes,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 11:19am

Thanks for the PF wishes and meds advice guys as usual this place and its members just as a way of making me feel better only got hit 1 time last night never went to sleep till 330am then hit at 430am was up for work at 6 am but hey atleast i never spent the whole night in pain

ya them night time hits are the worst, day time the shadows let ya know when ones on its way the night time its just like bang wake up fool not nice atall my throte is really painful and dry from the 02 anyone got any advice to stop this it is really anoying feeling ??

PF wishes to all
Brian

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:14pm

I've never been bothered much by the dry mouth thing, I've seen people post info on putting an oxygen "bubbler" into your line to give the 02 some moisture. PM either Batch, Jonny or Linda Howell, any of them will have better info on the bubbler.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:44pm

Hi Brian,  Welcome back!

Until you get the bubbler figured out you might try sipping on some water while you use O2.  Take a sip every 10 breaths or so.

On the reattack front, have you tried energy drinks?  If I get a return call, or if the beast isn't completely gone on the first go with O2 I pound one of these and then hit the O2 again.  That seems to keep him away for the rest of the night.  As always, YMMV.

What level verap were you on? 

There are other prevents out there.  I'm sure you have these but here they are anyway...

I hope he leaves you quickly...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Energy drinks make me worse i try to stay away from caffine when in cycle it seems to bring on hits not help them i know many get great relief from them and have tried them a few times but never seemed to help any atall

I will look in to that bubbler thing thanks

can you have to much 02 is it bad for you if you use it to much is there a dosage my doctor just gives me these things with out any instruction atall i dont think he likes dealing with me coz i cost him money he is often very distant with me and just gives me what i ask for and pulls a face lol may have summin to do with the letter my nerolagist sent him lol i only knew the dosages for the imigran thanks to this site

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:13pm

You should take the time and read the supplemental guild to using O2 on the OUCH-US site.  It is a treasure trove of info and will answer all your questions.  It can be found here along with loads of other great info.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #12 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:30pm

Brian, as far as I've read you'd have to breathe pure oxygen for quite a few hours - 10 or 12 anyway, maybe more - before it would have any ill effects. So don't worry about the relatively short times you're using it for CH relief. Just don't let me catch you breathing it underwater, now!

A flow rate of 10 liters per minute at a minimum is what you want and higher is even better. Since I'm using welder's oxygen I just open up the damn thing and let it go. I may be running at 20 or 25 LPM... no idea since the welding regulator only measures PSI.

The bubbler is a good idea - I was getting a burning sensation in my lungs until I got hold of a bubbler, aka a humidifier.

Batch is the 02 expert around here and has given me some wonderful tips.

Wishing you PFDANs
David

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #13 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 11:51am

Thanks guys i have been using 02 along time just didnt know if there was a dosage and frankly when im getting hit i dont really care if there is a dose or not im using it lol

ya thats what i got atm burning in my chest and throte it is unpleasant but better than the hits then again falling down the stairs and breaking a leg would be better than CH Sad now all i need to do is get a bubbler and im all done

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!