Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
aching eye (Read 1487 times)
sparkles
CH.com Newbie

x0|adelaide|Australia||0|0|
aching eye
Aug 4th, 2008 at 7:39am

Hi everyone
My eye and left side of my head is still aching two days after an attack, its like one side of my face is heavy. The severe stabbing pain is gone but i still don't feel right its weird Cry.
can any on give me any information pleaseee
Sparkles

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: aching eye
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:20am

That would be what we refer to as shadows.  It's not a full blown attack but has some of the hallmarks without all of the pain.  For some it's horner's symptoms.  For others (like me) it's just pressure and some relatively minor pain in the eye area.  Like a pair of salad tongs squeezing my eye.

If they are persistent enough I try a few things.  Usually in this order:

• Strong Coffee
  • Oxygen therapy
  • Excedrine Migraine
  • An energy drink (w/1000mg of Taurine)
Others will be along with their magic recipies as no one thing works for everyone.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

sparkles
CH.com Newbie

x0|adelaide|Australia||0|0|
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:35am

Thanks again Dennis,
Will the give the Coffee and energy drink a whirl, going to see Doctor on Friday to ask about oxygen and other pain relief.
Sparkles  Smiley

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:49am

You don't ask doctors for oxygen, Sparkles.  You collect all the knowlege and information on the subject, hand it to them, and tell them it's what your gunna have.

Start by clicking on the link here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; which was put together by Mad Barry while he was on parole.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:52am by AussieBrian »  

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:55am

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:49am:
You don't ask doctors for oxygen, Sparkles.  You collect all the knowlege and information on the subject, hand it to them, and tell them it's what your gunna have.

Start by clicking on the link here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  which was put together by Mad Barry while he was on parole.

Just to add to his... It is best to drop the info off a few days before your appt.  That way the Dr has time to digest it properly.  Then the two of you will be on the same page during your appt.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:20am

Kind and wise advice, Dennis, and I thank you for passing it on to a fellow CHead.

(If that don't work, Sparkles, take his children hostage.)

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 12:17pm

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:20am:
(If that don't work, Sparkles, take his children hostage.)

Now why didn't I think of that one; I might have O2 now if I had... Grin

Seriously, I hope that you'll get the O2, Sparkles. PF wishes are coming your way!

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!