Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What's the real score with Verapamil side-effects? (Read 11159 times)
superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Re: What's the real score with Verapamil side-effects?
Reply #25 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:17am

Yeah the exhaustion can be so terrible. Just completly drained of energy. I have dubbed Verapamil - "Vampireamil".

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #26 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:18pm

I hate verap.  It only does bad things for me.  Of course people will be pissy because I said that.  But everyone is different & what helps one, may destroy the other.  But my side effects were so severe & it wasn't helping with my cycles at all.  But because docs kept insisting I try it, it was so great, blah blah blah - I kept trying.  Then the last go around was ocular migraines every other day (sometimes more often), constantly dizzy, my ears felt stopped up, I had legs cramps, I was tired - yet couldn't rest.  And worst of all, it gave me headaches!  So, it helps some people, it doesn't help others.  Just be careful.  I know I won't ever touch it again.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:46pm

Paige_H. wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:18pm:
I hate verap.  It only does bad things for me.  Of course people will be pissy because I said that.  But everyone is different & what helps one, may destroy the other.  But my side effects were so severe & it wasn't helping with my cycles at all.  But because docs kept insisting I try it, it was so great, blah blah blah - I kept trying.  Then the last go around was ocular migraines every other day (sometimes more often), constantly dizzy, my ears felt stopped up, I had legs cramps, I was tired - yet couldn't rest.  And worst of all, it gave me headaches!  So, it helps some people, it doesn't help others.  Just be careful.  I know I won't ever touch it again.  

As long as you refer to it from the first person perspective as you've done here, I don't think anyone will have a problem. It's when you start vilifying it objectively that newbies can get the wrong impression.

It has undoubtedly saved the life of at least a couple of my friends. You can understand why I might be a little sensitive.

IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #28 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 2:32pm

Brew, I know where you are coming from, but it almost killed me and I think people really, really need to know what the effects can be from calcium or beta blockers.  I almost had to go on disability because of it and I was only taking 180mg a day.  I also believe no one should feel scolded for having an opinion regarding a medication or treatment.  Everyone reacts differently to everthing.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 2:45pm

Paige_H. wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 2:32pm:
Brew, I know where you are coming from, but it almost killed me and I think people really, really need to know what the effects can be from calcium or beta blockers.  I almost had to go on disability because of it and I was only taking 180mg a day.  I also believe no one should feel scolded for having an opinion regarding a medication or treatment.  Everyone reacts differently to everthing.

But only a very small minority of patients react the way you did. Because you reacted that way to a calcium channel blocker doesn't mean everybody will, let alone a statistically significant portion.

Nobody should feel scolded for an opinion about a med. I stated very emphatically that as long as one gives the account in the first person (it did this for me, I reacted thusly, etc.), most people don't have a problem with it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!