Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indomethacin (Read 1813 times)
Fergie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Indomethacin
Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:32pm

Because this works so good for me to get through a cycle with no immediate side effects, I thought I'd share this.  A few years back I went to a neurologist because I was in unbelievable pain, still my worst cycle to date. Any way that weekend they gave me 2 shots of Morphine and another pain killer, well it was gone enough for me to get some sleep but came back with a vengence. My neurologist gave me indomethacin and I couldn't believe in about 20 minutes my headache was gone. I had to take it about  3 or 4 times a day in the beginning but today I only take about 1 or so a day when I go into a cycle.  And the best part it I never got a rebound headache from this med. I do know the one thing with this med is you have to be careful to have something in your stomache when you take it but again I only have to be on it when I get the headache... so  I am wondering if anyone else  has tried or takes this ?  I have been a sufferer now for about 19 years now. [/color][/color]

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Indomethacin
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 8:13pm

Everyone has tried everything under the sun,  then we get some oxygen.  No bullshit no side affects. Get some now.  Freeze your teeth curl yer hair makes ya walk like a millionaire.

Potter

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 8:14pm

I have taken indomethicin along with verapamil.   I did a trial of it midway thru my cycle .  I took it at bedtime -  I was taking 660 mg of verapamil too.  made me dizzy the first couple of days.  I never really noticed a difference on it so I stopped taking it.  Plus the Verap was working

I was surprised when my neuro suggested adding it to my regimen because Indomethicin is typically prescribed for paroxysmal hemicrania.  If the doctor is trying to figure out whether you have CPH or Ch they may prescribe Indomethicin.  If the indomethicin stops the HA  then they have your diagnosis  - CPH

How many HA do you get a day?  Are you taking any other medicines or abortives?

I haven't seen many posts about Indomethicin and its success with CH.  When I first joined the boards and my doc prescribed it I searched around and did find some posts, but not many.  You may want to search the old message board and you'll find some information .

Is there any chance you have CPH? 

Welcome to the site -  glad you joined us here

Kelly

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:38am

I went through a indo trial when my UK neuro wanted to check if I have CH or CPH. The result was clear, as the med made ch worse and I got additional bonus,  dredful migraines.

When I was still considering meds, my Finnish neuro did suggest that I could try indomethacin as painkiller instead of a preventative. But knowing what it did the last time I tried, I didn't take that advince and I haven't seen a neuro since.

That's my  Smiley

Wishing us all PF time,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:52am

Glad you have found something that has worked for you.  I tried it and it worked on day 3 I had gone from 8 hits a day to no hits a day.  Then 5 months latter it quit working.  I have retried it off and on through out the years but had no further luck with it.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:52am

This instant response to indo. is virtually a litmus test which indicates you don't have Cluster but, rather, a headache type which is sort of "variation".

Go to this site and search this excellent manual for more information.

ALL NEW!! HEADACHE 2008-2009
The new 72 page Headache 2008-2009 is hot off the press! Click here to download the PDF instantly! (free)

If you would like a bound copy, send $12 (includes shipping) to
Robbins Headache Clinic
1535 Lake Cook Rd.
Suite 506
Northbrook, Ill.60062

OR call 847-480-9399 to use Visa or Mastercard.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!