Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Topamax (Read 4419 times)
Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Re: Topamax
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:22pm

Geo I had not thought about rebound headaches from the meds.  Since my post I have backed off my topomax to 300mg and will slowly back on down.  However, I must say the topomax was the one med when added several years ago that broke my cycle.  I still believe my body is just weird as I just don't experience the side affects.  Not knocking what anyone else does, but as an attorney I have to be on my wits every day most of the time 10 hours a day still at 60 and at 400mg of topomax and all of the other crap I have not had the dumbness etc., but by the same token I wake up at night taking 15mg of melatonin too.  Trust me I want so badly and am working toward be med free and thanks for your support.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

mick
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:58pm

Thanks Balanchine, glad to hear from someone else who can tolorate the topamax as well.  Also thanks Kilowatt, may need the recipe someday.  The topamax works well for me at this time, been on it for a couple of years.  However, I really don't know if I'm chronic or episodic, as I've never been through a real remission before going on the topamax.  The CH just arrived one day about three yrs ago and it was almost six months before the doc sent me to a neuro who got me on the topamax before I found any relief and CH were d & n non stop.  What many call a shadow I have to assume is what I have always called a 'curl'.  A kip 1-2 pain inside my right eyebrow or head (I once thought I had a brain tumor, or had broken my radial bone  Smiley ), that used to proceed the CH, but since the topamax is just a constant dull reminder that I can still get hit occassionally. However, the curl/shadow is there almost 24/7.  Wonder if that means I'm chronic w/o the preventative topamax?  Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this place and wish all the best.  I'm very lucky myself at this time to be virtually PF and have only some mild side effects. Smiley

Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels. &&Frank Sinatra &&

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #27 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 7:12pm

Glad it works for you, Mick.

Yes, I understand your conundrum. When I'm in cycle I have a continual dull pain at all times, that flares up into the killers with the same regularity that many here experience. Even now, more than a month past the end of the cycle I feel as if my right ear and half that side of the head were stopped up. Part of the fun I guess.

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!