Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just a rant (Read 5317 times)
BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Just a rant
Aug 9th, 2008 at 5:55pm

Hi Guys

I am so down atm this crap is really f**cking me off i have always had my hits randomly they just come when they come but usually only twice one in the day and one in the night now im geting hit in the day and about 6 times a night,

i drive for a living and this is getting extremly hard im so worried about my job sometimes i just cant drive Sad this cycle is so hard

anyhow just needed a rant sorry guys PF wishes to you all

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: Just a rant
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:09pm

Rants are allowed (as long as you aren't BarbaraD) so rant away!  It sounds like you need to do some ranting!

I know this is an old line, but have you tried the melatonin route yet?  Start it at 3 mg, about 45 minutes before bed, and if that doesn't work, then go up to a higher level, .

It helps many here.

Just keep telling yourself ... "This, too, shall end ..."

Hang in there, buddy ...

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:18pm

That really sucks Brian. I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time right now. As Chuck mentioned, this will pass. Live between the hits. I know it's not easy. Especially when you know that another one will come. But you are stronger than the beast and you are not alone.

You're in my thoughts,
Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:19pm

I feeling it with you today. I had to break out the dam Imitrex and hit it twice today. This condition can really make life SUCK! O2 isn't working well today at all.

Hope you get some rest tonight.

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:27pm

Hi Chuck thanks for the reply mate no not tryde it im worried about meds as i have to drive the next day and when im not driving im working on electrical equipment as im a mobile electrician so i do have to be cautious

Im trying to stay strong just very sleepy and afraid to sleep the high kip hits are not the problem ive had to deal with that for a few years now it is the amount of hits im getting aday that are doing me in i had the game all figured then the beast changed the rules damn he turns big men like me in to a sobbing child wtf

anyhow thanks chuck it helps just to know others understand im just sorry there are others that have to deal with this shit PF wishes to you and everyone else

Regards
Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:29pm

Sorry guys your replys was not here when i replyed thx i apreciate it i really do

Sorry your feeling so bad Rolomatic im thinking of you
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:32pm by BrianJ »  

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:39pm

Brian, rant away!  Do whatever you need to do to keep sane.  As you already know, I'm a supporter, not a sufferer.  But when Gary's hits started moving from from 1 - 2 a day to 2 - 3 a day - and they just kept going - up to 6 - 10 a day, it really was like living in a nightmare, so I'm familiar with the anger, the anxiety, and the frustration.

The melatonin does leave some people groggy.  When Gary first started using it, it did help him initially get a few hours sleep and did not leave him groggy.  It's an OTC med, not a scrip, and it's nothing like prescription sleep aids.  For many it helps stop the night time hits.  I say it's worth giving it a try - especially since your job does depend on your getting some shut eye.

You may also want to consider trying 5-HTP instead (though you can take them both at the same time).  It works on a slightly different receptor, and though not necessarily effective where the melatonin might be in stopping the night hits, it supposedly doesn't have the "groggies" that the melatonin does for some. 

Hang in there my friend - wishing you PFDAN.

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:50pm

Thanks Laurie

It seems that i have got nothing to loose trying melatonin i will go read up on it now got bad shadows atm usually meens a hits on its way but fingers crossed it doesnt i have my sis and her kids here atm
and a hit is the last thing i need atm hope gary is having a good day and you have the energy to keep strong for him and your self thanks for your reply

PF wishes to you all
Brian

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:52pm

We're all there with you Brian.  Just remember that when you're running around the house holding your head.  You not alone in this anymore.

+1 on the Melatonin idea.  A stiff cup of coffee in the morning and the cobwebs are gone in 15 minutes.  Give it a shot tonight if you're not driving tomorrow.

Go easy at first with 3mg and ratchet that up every other night by 3mg till you find a level that works.  12-15 is the max you should need.  9mg works for me.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 8:02pm

Thanks Dennis i cant try it tonight its 1am here and nowhere to get it from but i will be trying it tomorrow and if i cant drive monday its another day off i guess but least i will have tryed still having bad shadows but im staying strong thanks to the wife the best people in the world are our supporters so any of you supporters reading this id just like to say thanks to you guys you guys really dont know how important you are to us

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 8:22pm

There's a few of us in chat if you're interested: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 10:31pm

I think I remember somebody writing that you need a doctor's prescription for melatonin in the UK.

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 11:15pm

I will look in to it tomorrow thanks brew

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 11:43pm

hey dude, I hope you are getting a bit of a break! I had never heard of melatonin till my last cycle, (of course i got the info from the angels on this site), I was getting pounded at night. Well, i went straight in head first with 12 mg's and slept soundly through the first night. I stuck with 12mg's and never had another night time hit through the rest of my cycle. (about 6 additional weeks). It worked better than I EVER could have hoped. It was cheap, and ZERO side effects. You can bet your ass that I would use it again, but unfortunately, I dont ever plan on having another cycle.(  yea, yea, I know, what the hell, a guy can dream cant he??) I was also on verap. throughout my cycle. I finally had to go the prednisone, but,,,, i slept soundly EVERY night. Good luck!!! Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 2:15am

thanks tuck you made me smile after just geting hit at 6am and going asleep at 4 am its now 7 am and im so sleepy lets just hope for no rebound hits now fingers crossed

?? though it stopped the night hits but did it make the day change and if so good or bad??

you are all wonderful thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2008 at 2:31am by BrianJ »  

IP Logged

wanna_swap_brains
CH.com Junior

x0|manchester|England||0|0|
Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:40am

hi brian,you have to buy your own melatonin,i get mine from biovea.com it takes about 5 days to arrive,i take 15mg at 10 pm every night and only have the odd night time breakthrough,like they say start at 3mg and go up until you find it helps.about the grogginess,surely its better and safer to feel a little groggy and had some decent sleep than going to work after the usual nightly battle.good luck stuart

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #16 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:42am

hey Brian, No , the melatonin didnt affect the day time hits,,, well,, DIRECTLY, anyway. What I mean is, since I was actually getting a good nights sleep,(a rare thing indeed for us cluster heads) the day time hits seemed to be a bit easier to cope with. Hell man, just knowing that come night time, I was going to get some relief made life easier,,, know what i mean????  Good luck, and let us know how the melatonin works if you try it.  Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #17 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 8:58am

The melatonin has done wonders for me -- most of the time I sleep like a baby at night (just a little grouchy some time - like a baby). Take before bedtime. It gets ya thru the REM sleep (where the CH hits).

Keep the O2 handy (if you can take it with ya when you're driving - first line of defense). On a high flow (25 liters) somehow you don't have the grogged out feeling afterwards (at least I don't).

Personally, I'm all for anything that will get me off drugs. Oh, don't get me wrong - I still take my topamax at night too... can't get off everything at once ya know...  Smiley

Wishing you some PF days....

Hugs BD

PS - Chuckles - I heard what you said --- watch your back Kiss
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2008 at 8:59am by BarbaraD »  

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #18 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 12:33pm

Hi guys had one hell of a night shadows all day  really really fucked off but the good news is, ordered my melatonin from biovea.com this morning thx  wanna_swap_brains

regarding the 02 at work well works insurance company have refused to let me have the 02 in the van with out re assessing the policy and work dont want to pay any more for the insurance so its a no go but i do take the imigran evey day even when not in cycle.

Thanks guys your all great
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2008 at 12:34pm by BrianJ »  

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 12:48pm

BarbaraD wrote on Aug 10th, 2008 at 8:58am:
PS - Chuckles - I heard what you said --- watch your back Kiss

Oh MY!!!

I am SO afraid!

I am shaking in my boots!!!

(NOT!!)

Skeered Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 1:04pm

LOL chuck shes gonna get ya

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 1:16pm

BrianJ wrote on Aug 10th, 2008 at 1:04pm:
LOL chuck shes gonna get ya

PFFFFFT!!

That decrepit old broad??

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 1:45pm

OOPS this thread has now became to much danger for me to stay i hope you live long enough for the next thread chuck lol

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 10:58pm

Don't worry Brian -- I'll get him when his back is turned. This decrepit old broad is sneaky to boot. He knows it's coming - he just don't know WHEN!!!! Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #24 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:19pm

Brian, just checking in to see if the Melatonin arrived? 

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!