Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Double nerve hits.... what in the world (Read 2223 times)
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Double nerve hits.... what in the world
Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:18pm

I thought I was out of cycle.  Recently I started getting shadows and lighter hits.  When i am in cycle, they are like clockwork and I get 6 a day (give or take).

Anyway, after being in cycle for 16+ months, I figured I was chronic and started to try and take less drugs per hit.

Anyway, I was out to dinner tonight when I started to feel a shadow and then nerve pain in my jaw ON THE OTHER SIDE.  Then I started to get a shadow in my normal side and nerve pain as well.  I am very confused. 

Anyway, the shadow is still here and the nerve pain is in both sides.

Anyone seen anything like this, or is it time to be committed to a mental institution (for this reason, not because I generally need it anyway).

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Re: Double nerve hits.... what in the world
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 2:39pm

Well I guess noone has any advice or thoughts.  Thanks anyway.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:08pm

Sorry, didn't see this yesterday.

Yes, I get hits on both sides - you aren't crazy.  I've read that a number of others do also.

Charlotte

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 4:17pm

Sometimes after a cycle ( usually a couple of weeks) I'll have quite a bit of pain on the "wrong" side.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 4:20pm

Charlotte wrote on Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:08pm:
Sorry, didn't see this yesterday.

Yes, I get hits on both sides - you aren't crazy.  I've read that a number of others do also.

Charlotte

I hope I wasnt rude.  thanks for the reply.  I was feeling out of my mind and was hoping for some sanity last night.  A also had a kidney stone so I was just looking for some advice to ease my min d since my body was not happy.

Thanks.

IP Logged

HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 4:21pm

When it comes to the jaw both sides hurt for me at times. It just depends. My clusters have a mind of their own, just when I think I have it all figured out, they let me know I don't !

Fear less, hope more;&&Whine less, breathe more;&&Talk less, say more;&&Hate less, love more;&&And all good things are yours.&&&&Member of ch.com and OUCH since 1999

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 1:12pm

Only time that happened to me was when a migraine hit as well or the doc put me on Keppra or Topomax...
Hope your doing better.
all the best
thebb
Sorry for the late response. I'm a tard Tongue

IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:41am

I have experienced side-switching and bilateral attacks too. Not nice  Shocked

Apparently up to 14% of sufferers may experience side switching during a cluster bout, whereas 18% may have side shifts from one bout to the next*.

The tendency to develop CH on the opposite side is 200 times more likely than for an individual to develop the disease at all**.  Interestingly, not only does this indicate an increased vulnerability amongst existing sufferers but also suggests that a structure with anatomic connections over the midline is involved.

All the best with it

-Lee

* Sjaastad O, et al; Bilaterality of cluster headache: an hypothesis 1985.
** Bahra A, et al; Cluster Headache: a prospective clinical study with diagnostic implications 2002.

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:02am

I am with thebzz
migraine at same time .

IP Logged

ReeseC
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

San Francisco
Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:20pm

LeeS wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:41am:
The tendency to develop CH on the opposite side is 200 times more likely than for an individual to develop the disease at all**.  Interestingly, not only does this indicate an increased vulnerability amongst existing sufferers but also suggests that a structure with anatomic connections over the midline is involved.

So interesting... the above almost suggests that each side is its own disease, as if bilateral sufferers have CH x 2, that you're not switching sides, but rather, you developed it on both sides independently.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:36am

ReeseC wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:20pm:
LeeS wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:41am:
The tendency to develop CH on the opposite side is 200 times more likely than for an individual to develop the disease at all**.  Interestingly, not only does this indicate an increased vulnerability amongst existing sufferers but also suggests that a structure with anatomic connections over the midline is involved.

So interesting... the above almost suggests that each side is its own disease, as if bilateral sufferers have CH x 2, that you're not switching sides, but rather, you developed it on both sides independently.

In that case, I wuld be chronic on the right and episodic on the left.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!