Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi from Rio de Janeiro (Read 2755 times)
Cabezas
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hi from Rio de Janeiro
Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:02pm

I am Pablo, my nickname, Cabezas, means "Heads", is a term used on theatre to warn, everyone, something is falling, like me, during an attack, falling on a horror land. I wachted some videos in youtube, like jonnymule's and antonio's video. I couldn't believe, i was home!! Smiley

Well, my english is bad, but enough for make you understand me. I am 41 years old, whit cluster since I was 7 (first bad attack) Since then, every 2/3 years it happen again. I feel de video of jonnymule was the history of my disease, cause exactly what happen whit me. The mumble, the screems, the dance, the head bang. The face disformed. Everything.

After a lot of pain, for long time, I find the verapamil (thru my doctor, i do not self medicated my self never) and a place named "PARADISE"
Paradise doesn't means no pain, at all. Means, to me, after a couple weeks,I will see the pain relief, not after months. OK, a couple weeks whitout sleep I can handle. Cause, during this week, the pain reach up the 6 or 7 on the pain scale. I can handle this, wich is "PARADISE".

Now,I feel people will say I am crazy if I say: "Oh, a pain wich can make you cry like a poor baby, to me is paradise"

So, guys, if you understand me, please, take me, cause I am home.
I need share, whit people who understand me, what happen whit me. I don't want to be alone, never more.

Also, I want to do something. You are in USA. What about groups in southamerica? Somebody knows something about it?
Well, that's all, for now. But I'll be around. My e-mail:
pabloenriquez51@hotmail.com

Feel free to send me a message. Thanks.

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Re: Hi from Rio de Janeiro
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:36pm

Hi and Welcome-

I could understand your english just fine.  sorry you are in cycle but sounds like you are getting some help.  How many mg of verap are you taking?  Do you use oxygen or any abortive medicines like immitrex, zomig etc? 

Don't forget to read all of the information at the left -great sources to connect with and learn!

Stick around-  We are glad to have you!

Kelly

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 11:32am

Welcome to the boards.  Sorry to hear that you have ch but happy that you are finding some medications that work for you.  I understand completely what you mean by Paradise anything is better than a kip 10.  However, you may want to up your dose of verapamil or try something else to get rid of the ch all together.  What dose of verapamil are you on?  Have you tried oxygen?  If verapamil doesn't get rid of all your headaches please ask your dr to try lithium or topamax or elavil or zyprexa.  These meds have all shown alot of promise in helping clusterheads.  Again welcome to the family.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 12:48pm

Welcome home Pablo!

Sorry but I don't know anything about South American CH support sites.

It is an amazing feeling when you find this place after being alone with the beast for so long.  I found it last year.  The support and info here is amazing. 

Read everything!  Knowledge is your best weapon.

Then ask any questions you still have.

Verapamil works great for me too.  I use 400mg a day and I get 90% relief with just a few breakthroughs attacks.  Those I kill with 100% Oxygen @ 15-25lpm with a non-rebreather mask. 

Sometimes I'll back that up with an energy drink.  Anything with 1000mg of Taurine will do.  What escapes this net I deal with using Imitrex Injections.  I still haven't used one this cycle  Cool

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 1:22pm

Cabezas wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:02pm:
Well, my english is bad, but enough for make you understand me.

Your English isn't so bad at all for someone who speaks it as a second language, and then has to battle with such weird spelling of words, but where-ever did you learn to use the apostrophe so accurately?

You never got it wrong.  Not once.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

itotka
CH.com Old Timer

Oxygen

Budapest|Solar System
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:43pm

Hi Pablo,

And welcome.

No problem. My English is worse than yours  Tongue

Look at "where we live" on the left menu. There are 13 clusterheads from Brasil, 2 from Rio.

Greetings from Hungary and PF,

Steve

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW itotka  
IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Hi there, sorry you had to find us and welcome these guys are great.

your english is fine a couple of words where wrong but your punctuation(sp) and spelling is absolutly great better than mine and i am english lol

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 10:32pm

Pablo mi amigo,

Nuestra casa es su casa.  Other than Una cerveza, por favor or una pulque, por favor... I've nearly exhausted my Español. (I can't speak Português, but I did spend a couple weeks in and around Manaus and Leticia/Tabatinga in the tri-boarder area working with your counter drug folks)

Are you using oxygen therapy as an abortive for your cluster headaches?

Take care, Adios,
V/R, Batch a.k.a. Pedro en Español
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:27am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 10:37pm

Heya Pablo, welcome to the boards. Sound like you have a pretty good regimen, but like Batch asked, do you have oxygen yet? Read the link on the left and talk to your doc about it if you're not already using it. A great beast stopper for many of us! Glad you found us, really hope we can help you.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 10:48pm

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 12th, 2008 at 1:22pm:

Your English isn't so bad at all for someone who speaks it as a second language, and then has to battle with such weird spelling of words, but where-ever did you learn to use the apostrophe so accurately?

You never got it wrong.  Not once.

You have a keen eye my friend .

Potter

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:06am

Wink

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:41am

Hi Pablo,

If Jimi was in YOUR neck of the woods....you could say,

"you ain;t from around here are you?"

sorry, that was a private joke but I couldn't resist.  Welcome to you.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Poli
CH.com Junior

Alicante|Spain|Europe
Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:12pm

Hola Pablo, here is where the spanish version of this forum is

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

And here some good information

Whatever, don't miss this one, it's the gold medal of the forums.
Saludos
Poli

http://es-la.facebook.com/people/Poli_Cortes/14423  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!