Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First I cried...A lot! (Read 875 times)
Mrs Wo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Wichita Kansas
First I cried...A lot!
Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:19pm

Hello everyone.  I was so discouraged when I first logged on here.  I read a lot of posts and information as instructed.  I couldn't find where I "fit" in all of this.  My GP believes that I have CH and I am in the process of scheduling an appt with a neuro I found on O.U.C.H. (its been 12+ years since I saw one)

I have a lot of the classic symptoms of CH, yet I was not convinced because of the "other" symptoms-headaches that lasted for days not hours, headaches mostly during the day, not waking me at night, yet I have them at the same times of the day, same times of the month and year(7pm, end of the month and August-Sept, Jan-Feb.) I have never spent the time to log the length of the cycles, didn't even know that CH existed until recently.

Been on topamax since last Sept. now also taking verap, along with B100, magnesium and zinc.  Was in the ER 2x last week, Been PF for 3 days since, thats a long stretch for me.

I see that many of you have other types of headaches as well as CH, and I found comfort in this because I don't feel alone any longer.  THANK YOU! I guess I thought you could only have one type of headache, I know silly.  I wasn't using my head! HA! Cheesy

I want to thank all of you for the great wealth of information that is on here, it has brought me out of despair about this and given me hope and a place to feel not so alone in this.

Kathleen
Wichita, Kansas

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: First I cried...A lot!
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:31pm

Hi Kathleen!  Welcome to your 2nd home...

Multiple headache types are not unusual.  There are several here in that same boat.  I'm sure they will be along shortly to help you out.

In the mean time I just wanted to say "welcome".  And make sure you knew someone was listening.

The knowledge and fellowship found here is life changing indeed.  Just knowing you are not alone and you are not crazy ... ok not any more crazy than anyone else  Roll Eyes is very empowering.

Read everything and ask any questions you need.  The only dumb question is one that goes unasked  Cool

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:42pm

Yeah...I think we all kinda shed a tear or two upon finding this place.  BTW....our illustrious web-master who started this whole thing lives in Witchita also.

My advice...and I know you didn't ask, is to do what Dennis said.  Read, read and then read some more.   There were many people who researched long and hard to put this info out here...any questions you have will be answered by us, as there is always someone here 24/7

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mrs Wo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Wichita Kansas
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:30pm

Thank you for the support.  I am very excited to know that DJ, the WebMaster lives here in Wichita.

I will continue to read all that I can, so far I have been amazed at what I found.

BTW...thanks for the info on the shadows inside the posts.  No one understood, including me, what I had been talking about or going through.  I just knew that the pain was there and just stuck around like a stalker waiting to jump at any time. 

And as usual, right on cue...have one now!  It's night time, well, 3 day PF wasn't too bad.  Take what I can get.  Started ramping up so I will hope for a quick ending.

I am glad to be here! 
Kathleen
Wichita Kansas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!