Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I found relief, i think!! (Read 3078 times)
gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I found relief, i think!!
Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:46am

I think I've finally found my relief. I've been suffering for two weeks now. The weather is changing here in Texas. It's cooling off already, but it's still very stuffy in the apt. and there's no wind to clear the air. And the A/C does not help. Through the years, I've gone thru all the pain medicines, but I think I've finally found the one for now, Excederin for Migraines. I took three, and feel a little relief. Yesterday, I was in bad shape, I got hit three times, everytime I tried to lay down. But since I was off from work last night, I was able to get a good night's sleep, I was so exhausted. It's been raining since last Thursday. And I think there is a LOW pressure around Wichita Falls, the weather maps don't show it, but there is a circulation on the Weather Bug that is unmistakeable. And the winds are coming from the East/ Northeast which is always a trigger. Kinda like a cross circulation, that gets to me.
  Anyway, I took the Excedrin for Migraines, and seems to be working.

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Re: I found relief, i think!!
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:57am

Oh God I am so happy for you!!!! Anything that keeps the beast at bay is a blessing!!!! I hope a tornado hauls the beast up and drops it in the deepest part of the ocean and drowns it. Lucky you!!! Sophia

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:59am

Good for you.  I'm not familiar at all with the med but have often heard people say that they sometimes get relief from it.  Anything that works for you is a good thing, and thanks for passing it along.

Right with you on the matter of the barometer falling and that nasty foreboding that accompanies it but, to the same extent, coming down a mountain or landing in an aeroplane can be disastrous for me - yet never going upwards into a lower air pressure.

Hope you can make some sense out of that because, even after all these years, I cant.

Cheers and beers,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 6:24pm

I think it's finally over!! I just woke up from a 2 hour nap and I feel great. I even had my usual strange dream, but didn't wake up this time in pain. The main reason I like the apt I live in and don't want to move is because the air is real fresh in here. I opened all the windows, running the fans and A/C got fresh air in here, while it was a nice rain today, that finally cleared the air. The windows face (bedroom)West to (living room) East. As of this writing it's almost 5:30 pm and only 78 degrees, very comfy in here.
Find the beast in your home, and kill it. It could be something in your house that you're very sensitive to and not aware of. Sometimes, I've gotten attacks from just sitting in the crosswinds of two opposite windows and had to get down on the floor out of the cross fire to get relief. It was the simple draft, that I was sensitive to. One motel I had to live in one time, it was the the water cooler fan that did it. And at one job, I was in the office and the floor heater vent caused an attack. I use to love to sleep infront of a window, but I learned that's a no-no, especially during the season change. Those window unit A/C/Heaters are definitely a no-no, since they use infrared that seems to gather the dust like magnets and blow it back out.
I'm not sure if it's totally over yet but the Excedrin for Migraines did help, and it's been 20 hours. And yesterday with each attack I got up and did some exercises with dumbbells. I took the Excederins this morning.
One thing I have noticed over the years, when I'm coming out of the cycle, I get really hungry. Before I went to nap, I made a veggie pasta salad with chicken, bacon pieces, caeser dressing and parm cheese, very light but satisfying.
Find the beast and kill it!! It could be something very simple and get fresh air into your home. The test will be tomorrow A.M. when I get home from work and go to bed. If I get through that, then it's over.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2008 at 6:27pm by gregory s »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 8:05am

Greggory,

The Excedrin work for me (I take them along with coffee or an energy drink), BUT BE CAREFUL -- if taken too often they can cause rebounds and they're worse than before. You don't want that....

Hope this is then end of your cycle and you  get some PF time...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:17am

Thanks, this should be it until late September. I had a small return yesterday, wasn't much more than an inconvenience. Usually, when I get to the point of taking something it will knock it out for a while.  I saw yestersday we had a Level Orange air. But I think this is the end of this cycle until late September, hopefully. I do be careful about taking something. The other day, it was because I had enough and looked for something for relief and was reading about the migraine headaches, so I thought I'd give a try. I stay away from Tylenol, it does not help.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 1:25pm

The Excedrin is loaded with caffeine --

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 5:14pm

.....I wish I had that kind of luck. Excedrin Migraine is like an m&m to me. Trex and O2..and I'm A-OK.

Good luck

Kim

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

ReeseC
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

San Francisco
Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 5:53pm

gregory s wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:17am:
I stay away from Tylenol, it does not help.

Hi Gregory,

I'm glad the Excedrin seems to provide some relief for you.  Did you know that Excedrin is just part Tylenol, part aspirin, part caffeine?  They packaged the three together, and called it Excedrin.

Excedrin helps me get rid of shadows.  I take Excedrin with the Maxalt during attacks to ensure that it doesn't reappear.  But the aspirin starts to bother my tummy if I take too much.

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 9:30pm

I take excedrin migraine for shadows here and there.   It works pretty well for me, not in high cycle though.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:46am

Like trying to kill and elephant with a flyswatter. It's the caffeine.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

gregory s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 11:13am

On a previous post, I had said about killing the beast in your house. I am going through and getting rid of dust. I am still having some attacks, tho not as severe. But I am trying to find the cause of these attacks. Especially since I did not have them last year in this apt. We had those days of rain last week, and it seems to have really brought out the dust. I've got a little bit of a shadow, so that tells me I'm on the right track. But at the same time we are having a Red Level Air day, I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. But when I do wake up from an attack at around 2 pm, the Weather Bug is flashing the Orange Level alerts.
 The Exederin brings relief of an attack, but not when I lay back down. I'm not taking it everytime, but I did yesterday when the attack started getting a bit serious with each minute. In the past I have taken four Tylenols but still no relief. And that's why I say, I think I found relief for now. Cause it's working now, but it may not later when the real season gets here...
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008 at 11:23am by gregory s »  

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:17pm

If the Excedrin is part tylenol, part caffeine and tylenol hasn't proved successful in the past, you might want to think about stocking up on coffee or some energy drinks. You may find that will really help when your next cycle comes along. It'll also be better than the rebound HA and side effects for your stomach I've heard come with taking Excedrin.

Em
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:18pm by Em »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:29pm

Quote:
I am going through and getting rid of dust. I am still having some attacks, tho not as severe. But I am trying to find the cause of these attacks. Especially since I did not have them last year in this apt. We had those days of rain last week, and it seems to have really brought out the dust. I've got a little bit of a shadow, so that tells me I'm on the right track. But at the same time we are having a Red Level Air day, I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. But when I do wake up from an attack at around 2 pm, the Weather Bug is flashing the Orange Level alerts.

I think your really just grabbing at straws here. Dust does not cause CH. You have a defective hypothalumus. The dust is just pissing you off.  Wink The weather is not causing your CH either. Maybe triggering but not causing. You will save yourself alot of pain treating CH with treatments for CH.
all the best
any port in a storm
thebb
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

caffeine caffeine caffeine
Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!