Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie (Read 807 times)
Nicola
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

South Africa
Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:26pm

Hi Guys ,

After 4 years of extreme pain I have finally found a doctor who takes my pain seriously and I cant believe it took me so long to find your site !After feeling so alone I cant believe there are so many people out there who understand this hell .

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Newbie
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:33pm

Hi Mirne, wanna wish you welcome.

Could you please elaborate a bit on your situation? Which medication? Do you have Oxygen? As many more here will tell you, it's a first choice abortative for most.

Personally, I've been a clusterhead since my final year in high school, so that's about 15 years for me. CH still after all those years, scares the hell outta me, and most others here will also tell you you'll never get used to it. BUT, there are many ways to improve your life. The Red Bull thing, drink it at the first sign of a hit and it will either reduce or even kill a hit. Great alternative. You can always take the injectables afterwards if the drink won't work.

Please pass us your regimen, maybe we can help you further.

Painfree time your way, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Hi Mirne,

Just wanted to say welcome to the family!  Sorry you are suffering.  Lets us know how we can help!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:58pm

What Pacal said!!!

Welcome to the board, glad you found us, REALLY glad you found a doc that takes you seriously. Many people go through years and years of searching before they get lucky. That being said. What is your regimen? What do you take as a preventative medication, what do you use for an abortive, when the headaches hit? The power of this board is in the combined sharing of experiences. And another really strong vote for oxygen here!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!