Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Room for one more new guy? (Read 6002 times)
Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Re: Room for one more new guy?
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:51pm

Good luck and man I hope it works and you are PF soon.  I don't believe you mentioned what regulator you got.  I have both a 15lpm and a 25lpm (plus the concentrator which really doesn't count) and trust me there is difference in daylight and dark between the 15lpm and 25lpm.  It may not be with the face mask, but to me it is with the non rebreather mask or at least the way I use it as I often take a lot of deep breaths (and yes I am a heavy smoker), even with my nose and with a 15lpm regulator you can deflate the bag and it can take too long to reinflate with a 15lpm, but with the 25lpm it will pop right up.  Obviously with the face mask this is not the same issue, but there is not I don't think that much difference is the cost and you can turn the 25 down to 15 if it is too high.  Good luck and happy Labor Day weekend everyone and Chuck I hope they take you on a different route this weekend for your daily time out of the home.  Wishbone.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

n_lighty37
CH.com Junior

Opportunity knocked, my
doorman kicked him out.

Reply #26 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:52am

Alright, here's the verdict...

1.  02 is magical!  Thanks for the info and suggestions.
2.  The nasal mask works really really well for me.

The non-rebreathing mask works just as well.  I really can't tell a difference in the effectiveness at all between the two masks I've been given.  I have found that with the nasal mask, I have to keep my head bent forward, and with the non-rebreathing mask, I'm able to move around more (which is good sometimes), but other than that, there's little to no difference.

I also think my verapamil is starting to settle in and take over.  I actually slept through most of the night last night  Smiley  I think this will be a good day.  Thanks again all.  You mean more to me than I could ever say.

P.S.  I have a 10lpm oxygen machine (don't use it) and then an 'M' tank with an adjustable regulator.  It goes as high as 25lpm.  15lpm seems to be my magic number.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:53am by n_lighty37 »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #27 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:38am

Glad it's working for you. Love a "sucess" story. We all do.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #28 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 9:05am

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:51pm:
Chuck I hope they take you on a different route this weekend for your daily time out of the home.

They never took me out of the home this weekend.  They said I was being bad, so had to be punished.  

What harm was it that my robe kept falling open, and people got to see how sexy my naked body is?

And how was I to know that that hot stud muffin, that I offered the candy to, was the new director of the home's security force?

Now if I could only get those pesky belts, that hold the sleeves in back, loosened ...

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #29 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 9:08am

n_lighty37 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:52am:
Alright, here's the verdict...

1.  02 is magical!  
2.  The nasal mask works really really well for me.

WOOHOO!!!  Happy dancin' for ya!  I LOVE hearing of these successes!

<Adding another name to the Oxygen Success team>

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 2:45pm

I use a mouthpiece. What is your machine? If it is a concentrator, you will find it may not be adequate to deliver what we need. 100% 02, on demand. Whatever works is a good thing. Glad your getting some beneficial treatment.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

n_lighty37
CH.com Junior

Opportunity knocked, my
doorman kicked him out.

Reply #31 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 3:36pm

I think it is a concentrator.  And you're right, it doesn't really work very well at all.  They guy at the supply company said it would, but I think he was confused.  He also gave me a regular 02 tank...  I use that, because it actually works, lol.  Thanks for the reply.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 3:45pm

Ya, I went around trying to make those work. Didn't for me. I should have taken the advice RJ (mucho respecto for Mr. Happy)gave me here and not wasted my time plus the useless suffering.They start off at 80% 02 concentration,plus or minus and take up to five minutes to reach 95%. We need 100% stat for best results.
Maybe Batch could elaborate on these worthless contraptions.(for CH in my opinion only)
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

n_lighty37
CH.com Junior

Opportunity knocked, my
doorman kicked him out.

Reply #33 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 7:18am

Ok, I have another question.  I think that the Verapamil is FINALLY starting to do something.  I'm not waking up as often with head pain, and they're usually less severe then they have been.  But, just when I think things are starting to work, I have a horrible night and get slammed hard.  I try 02, imitrex injections, ice, redbulls, everything I can think of, but the damned thing won't quit!  Does anyone else have this kind of experience?

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #34 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 9:20am

n_lighty37 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 7:18am:
I try 02, imitrex injections, ice, redbulls, everything I can think of, but the damned thing won't quit!  Does anyone else have this kind of experience?

Oh, HELL yes!

There are certain hits that I get that no matter how much oxygen I suck down, at whatever rate, and even with a trex shot, the beast basically sez FUCK YOU, and goes on his merry tromp through my head.

This happens at least once a day, for me, but I get a lot of hits per day, so my frequency of this happening is probably much higher than others experience.

So, YES, it does happen!

Unfortunately ....

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 10:55am

Yep sometimes nothing works. Not even pumping your arms in the air.
He.he.he...
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!