Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Questions about O2 (Read 6867 times)
Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Questions about O2
Aug 27th, 2008 at 8:01pm

I did get the script for O2 however with only a 7 LPM flow. If it's not real affective I know I can get my own regulator as explained to me already. However if it works, I'd probably like to get a portable unit for when I travel. I don't think my insurance company covers the portable, and when I asked the price for a portable rental it sounded very high. What's the best way to obtain and refill a portable unit?
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2008 at 8:04pm by Howard L »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Questions about O2
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 8:38pm

Check around on the availability of the smaller, portable tanks. I was renting all my stuff years ago before insurance kicked in. It ws only $4.25 a month to rent the E-tanks and $11.25 to refill them. There is a smaller tank then the E-tank, something you might have to shop around a little bit for. I was using PMS, Physicians Medical Supply.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jeff_M
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 2:30am

Boy I'm not sure 7lpm will suffice...Me?,no it wont but everyone is different. You might want to check ebay for a regulator like several of us have, if your doctor wont up the lpm. I agree with the SOP of a MINIMUM 15lpm. Good luck.

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 8:28am

Guiseppi once again "Thank You" and jef I know that may not work and I'm fully prepared to invest in my own regulator. I know I'm getting an M Tank delivered tommorrow so can I assume that any regulator that says it's compadible with an M Tank is OK?.....or should I be looking for something more specific?

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 9:02am

Guys,

I thought I was getting an M tank and now I'm told they only use "N" tanks and I know they're smaller but I'm not finding much on the "N" group in regard to finding a compadible regulator. Anyone have any info on these N tanks?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:39am

All of the oxygen tanks should have the same hook up. The way Jonny explained it, there is a welding tank hook up, and then a "human consumption" oxygen tank hook up. The theory being you have to get a prescription for medical oxygen so you can't get a welding tank and use it for human consumption. I'm PM'ing Jonny to chime in here, he's a welding nut and somewhat of an expert on all the connection stuff.

Guiseppi

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:20pm

I have never used medical 02, but I do know that after a medical tank gets to a certain size the connection type changes. It changes to a more beefed up type welding connection. (CGA-540)

Ive been researching and cant even find a picture of a "N" tank, are you sure its not an "M" tank?

I will keep looking around, but your best bet is to talk to the 02 supplier.

............................Jonny

IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus

If I can do it, it ain't
art.

Media, PA
Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:25pm

I've had  to use  N tanks - it's the largest available from the local med O2 boys.  About 1,500 liters. Used a standard 540 regulator.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

May those who don't want any&&Have memories of never getting any.&&
WWW Mr. Happy 6108764393 Randy Piscatorus  
IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:57pm

Jonny is correct it is an M Tank and the connections are different.  You will need to get an Transfill Adaptor for M Tank.  Then you can use the same Regulator on both your E Tank and your M Tank.  You can order the adaptor from Mountain High Equipment & Supply 1- 800/468-8185.  I think it is like $75 The one you want is TA-870-P.  If you call the guy will ask you if you have cluster headaches, or at least he did when I called.  You can also get a Regulator that fits an M Tank, but this way with the adaptor you just have to keep up with one adaptor, plus the adaptor is real easy as it has a big green knob you just twist in.  I hope this is helpful.  I wish I knew how to cut and paste and I could show you how it would look but I am dumb on how post things here.

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 6:41pm

LOL...you guys are giving me a headache with all this technical stuff!!! As always appreciate all the help..Smiley

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:51am

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:57pm:
I think it is like $75 The one you want is TA-870-P.

I am not sure I see the logic to buying an adapter, for $75, when you can buy another regulator for around $25 to $35 ...

It is good to know that they are out there, Ernie, but I prefer to have several regulators.  That way I can leave a tank in my office, another at home, another in my personal car, and yet another in my company vehicle.

Maybe it is just because I am 874 years old, and ain't none to bright, and would forget to take a tank with me ...

I try my DAMNEST never to be far from a tank (with a regulator and mask)!

Chuck

(Besides, I need to pick on Ernie more ... heehee)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:43pm

As always ClusterChuck is right, two regulators is the easier route to travel.  I just did not know how easy it was to get a 25lpm regulator for an M Tank. I know you can get them on the internet but not sure about e-bay, but I am sure Chuck can advise about that.  I just liked the ease of connecting the adaptor verses the regulator to the MM Tank, of course at Chuck living in the home he has someone do it for him so he does not have to worry about this issue.  Chuck please get the nurse to type another post to Howard and tell him how to get a regulator for the M Tank. I know emtmedicalco.com has them but they are expensive.  Wishbone

It don't cost a nickel to be nice and by being so you might just make someone's day.&&Ernie Moss

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:33pm

As far as getting the regulator on eBay, they ARE available, but like many things, you have to keep checking till one comes up.

Patience, my lil chickadee!!!

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:43pm:
Chuck living in the home he has someone do it for him

Hey!  Be nice!!!  I am just trying to get this new, hot, young stud to do even MORE for me!  I just wish they would take off this silly coat, with the extra long sleeves, that tie in back ...  It is difficult to type, using the appendage that I am using ....

NO, not THAT appendage!!  You dirty minded fool!!! I type with my NOSE!!!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #13 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 2:29pm

ClusterChuck wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:51am:
Ernie Moss aka Wishbone wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 5:57pm:
I think it is like $75 The one you want is TA-870-P.

I am not sure I see the logic to buying an adapter, for $75, when you can buy another regulator for around $25 to $35 ...

(Besides, I need to pick on Ernie more ... heehee)

There's no argument having two regulators is easier than swapping a single regulator from home to work and back...  Having said that, Ernie needs a CGA-870 regulator with at least one DISS fitting...  It's hard to find a new regulator with a DISS fitting for less than $90.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Ernie Moss aka Wishbone
CH.com Junior

Birmingham, AL
Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Gotcha Batch and and I do have that regulator.  Dumb me was really thinking about at home.  If you had the adaptor on you M Tank and you ran out of O2 on you E Tank you could easily swith the regulator over to the M Tank if needed.  I am not as brave as Chuck is when they let him out of the home for afternoon drives and he already has his O2 stored in the hospital van.  I just take and E Tank with me when I leave home, of course either Julie or I am driving not some stud muffin.  I do have a separate 25lpm regulator and E Tanks at the office so I don't have to transport.

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #15 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:29pm

I am not real handy kind of guy, but it seems that all I need is a wrench to remove the old regulator and install the new. So I guess when I need the tank refilled I'll just have to remove "my" regulator and put there's back on. Do I have this right?

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:51pm

Howard L wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:29pm:
I am not real handy kind of guy, but it seems that all I need is a wrench to remove the old regulator and install the new. So I guess when I need the tank refilled I'll just have to remove "my" regulator and put there's back on. Do I have this right?

Yes, use a cresent wrench and get it as tight as you can, even bang it with your fist to make sure its tight.  Wink

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:55pm

hehe..I know how to bang Jonny, here's a pic

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 9:00pm

Fuckeneh, Howard!!!!  Smiley

Your set to do battle, just remeber to get on that 02 as soon as you feel the beast coming!

I will raise my sword so the beast knows he has to deal with me if he fucks with you!!!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:18am

That pic is a thing of beauty Howard, don't wanna beat a dead horse but just re emphasizing what Jonny said about how fast you want to get on it. A delay of 3-5 minutes substantially affects how fast i can kill the headache and whether or not I can kill it completely. Hope it slays it as well for you as it has for me.

Guiseppi

IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #20 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 6:44pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that the O2 is working beautifully even at 8 LPM. Appreciate you all!!!!

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #21 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 7:17pm

Howard L wrote on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 6:44pm:
Just wanted to let you guys know that the O2 is working beautifully even at 8 LPM. Appreciate you all!!!!

Wait until you see how fast and efficiently it works at 15 or 25 LPM!

WOOHOO!!!  Happy dancin' for your success!

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #22 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 7:22pm

Well I still have that problem with a regulator for the N tank...but I'm not complaining..Smiley Chuck appreciate everything

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #23 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:12pm

I keep looking on eBay for the regulator, but so far all I have seen are the ones that go up to 15LPM.

I may yet send you one of those, just to get you higher than the 8LPM, and keep a watch for the 25LPM one.

Chuck

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Howard L
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Timonium, Maryland
Reply #24 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 10:17am

Chuck I very much appreciate that however I've been on ebay and I didn't see anything for an "N" tank. I did email a couple of sellers and they said they couldn't help me. If you do find something(I'm still looking)let me know and I'll take care of it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!