Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Full disclosure on preventatives (Read 7839 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Re: Full disclosure on preventatives
Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 3:04pm

Jonny, I do agree, I suppose it wasn't that good of an idea. Oh well, I was just trying to suggest anything that might help. ^^;

wayne mc wrote on Sep 7th, 2008 at 8:48am:
you guys are doing a fantastic job, as a newby,  to this site but not CH
your experience is invaluable to me, I have tried dozens of meds and some made me feel awful, some made the CH worse, but something as simple as drinking energy drinks has given me 2 nights nearly 3 nights sleep. Although the shadows are fairly strong. I think that people should take your advise for what it is Experience.  If you read a couple of posts it dos'nt take long to realise that everybody is different.
Energy drinks may not help all the time but 2 nights is 2 nights

Thanks heaps

Wayne

You should try the melatonin, it should also help you sleep and helps with night hits. It's also natural ^^

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Re: Full disclosure on preventatives
Reply #26 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:26am

It's hard to go to a Neuro today that doesn't want to set you up for the fall on Verap/Pred for frontline (if you are episodic and suffer 2-6 weeks once every 1 to 2 years).  So ya..take Jonn'y advice and get information before you let the Dr. treat ya.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!