Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abort: Imitrex 100 tab-----> O2 (Read 1501 times)
ClusterPunk
CH.com Newbie

x0|Easthampton|||0|0|MA,Massachusetts
Abort: Imitrex 100 tab-----> O2
Sep 9th, 2008 at 12:53am

OK all

i've been hit with my new cycle. This year has been kind of weird. for the past two years I have used the clusterbuster method and it has not only ended my cycles, but increased the headachefree gaps between cycles substantially. i used to get hit about every 6 months to a year. Now I am at 18 months between cycles.

This time around I am having a hard time locating the clusterbuster meds. The air tanks have been refilled. Picked up my Imitrex Sunday.

I just finished a weekend of 11 heacahes. Started on friday then popped up randomly thru Sunday. That generally signals I'm nearing my peak.

When I am at peak, I hold off s sever attack by immediately popping a 100MG Intrex and jumping on my O2. The o@ aborts and the 100mg imitrex holds off any future attacks for a about 18-24 hours.

I alos have tried the cold temps below the shoulders and that pulls me out of a severe attack very quickly. I purposely keep my AC cranked so its very cold at night...my body is working to keep itself warm.

Trying meltonin tonight to see how it works for me. I've been getting tremors all day today so I'm sure I'll be visited this evening after I sleep.

WHO AM I?  DRI!

It's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't. && -Gibby Haines, The Butthole Surfers

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: Abort: Imitrex 100 tab-----> O2
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 6:53am

I will agree that the clusterbuster route is best, but as far as the 100mg Imitrex goes, I usually break mine in half and take 50mg at a time.  I take them before shadows even come to keep my work day cluster-free.  I'll deal with evening and night hits as the come with my pumping exercise (the Spaniards technique) and energy drinks.  I'm in remission now and i've stocked up on melatonin and kudzu to try.
My next neuro appt. is in October to get the O2 script.  If that 100mg  Imitrex works for you for that span of time, awesome!  I just break mine in half to get more for my buck since my recent cycles have been short (2-3 weeks), but they are never consistent.  My GP gives me the Imitrex script with only one refill till I have to call again, but I usually never go through the 18 pills (or 36 halves) during a cycle.  I'm close to scoring some shrooms to keep in the freezer for the next cycle.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 6:55am

ClusterPunk wrote on Sep 9th, 2008 at 12:53am:
WHO AM I?  DRI!

Are you talking about Dirty Rotten Imbeciles?

I was into punk/hardcore/ska as a kid.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

ClusterPunk
CH.com Newbie

x0|Easthampton|||0|0|MA,Massachusetts
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 9:39am

Yep. DRI! Always been a fan..saw them on their first tour when I lived in Kansas City.

hardcore is the soundtrack of my clusterheadaches

It's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't. && -Gibby Haines, The Butthole Surfers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!