Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So today I hit official chronic status... (Read 2057 times)
Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
So today I hit official chronic status...
Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:03pm

Hey everyone,

Today it's been a full year since my headaches began. They have gone on and on, with 2-6 hits per day, of fluctuating intensity and symptoms. I'm writing this too while a yet another nightly hit is slowly going away.

When I think of the year back, it's been a hell of a ride. I didn't really understand people with chronic pain before, was in a hurry to get my own life forward, study, work, etc. The CH has really changed a lot of that. I sincerely think that my view of life is much wider now. If I ever make it to the med school, that's something I'm going to be very thankful for.

At first I used to get these nonstop shadows which slowly built up to CH hits. I was bewildered, depressed and very scared. What if I have a brain tumour? Am I going to die? Will I be in pain for the rest of my life? Why can't or won't the doctors help me? After a while I got connected with this very sympathetic doctor with whom we tried a lot of medications, including oxygen, to no effect. The hits kept on coming, relentless, merciless and nothing short of Prednisolon would change it. Lately, though, I've got 2 hits per day instead of the 4-5 I got in the beginning of the year and the shadows have been much easier to deal with. Personally I think a lot of the positive change has to do with my changed attitude about life.

To the people who fear of going chronic I have something to say: It's definitely NOT the end of the world.  You can still laugh, cry, go on with life between the hits. I absolutely live for that time and can't wait for the hits to be over when they come. Give yourself time to deal with things and don't rush with life. Not everything has to be done here and now - stress is a CH trigger for many of us. The anxiety and depression will come and finding solace in the little things of life is something that will be of huge help to you. Another such thing is this community Smiley

Anyways, as I have to go to work in 5 or so hours, I think I'm going back to bed Wink ...my best regards to all of you and may you have as much pain-free time as possible!

- Rosa

IP Logged

ninja mom
CH.com Alumnus

Re: So today I hit official chronic status...
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:27am

Rosa,
With your attitude and your committment to live between the hits,you will certainly be a victor over CH. By victor I do not mean "having cured CH."  I mean being able to get up every morning and take everyday, every hour, every minute as it comes.  Not living in fear or anxiety about when the next CH is going to hit.  Sounds to me like you will do just fine. Smiley
I am sorry though-I remember when I hit the year mark and I was freaked out enough to be in denial until it had been 18 months of daily CH.

PFHAM (PFhours and minutes) y'all
kathy

Words count, chose carefully.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:47am

Rosa,

that was a wonderful post! Smiley

I'm sorry that you're officially chronic now... Smiley

But I do hope that many will read your post, because they will get important tools to deal with ch - attitude makes a difference, venting is okay, there is always hope and most of all - there is a life between the hits!

And reading about your experiences brought back many memories from these few years I've lived with ch. It was actually great to look back on the good, the bad and the painful and understand how much this illness has brought with it. The hits make it hell, but the people make it heaven.

Wishing everyone PF time,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:24am

Hi Rosa,

Thank you for sharing your in-sight!  I wish for you many pain free times! 

Love and hugs,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 10:44am

Hi Rosa!!!

What a well written beautiful post.  You stay positive.

Sorry that your now chronic  Smiley

Hugs and Kisses and PFDAN,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:00pm

Keep that attitude kiddo.... It'll get ya thru the bad times and let you laugh thru the fun times....

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:45pm

Rosa,

You inspire me.  Thank you for your wonderful post...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:48pm

Thank you so much everyone Smiley

- Best of everything to you,
Rosa

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 2:28pm

Keep up the good attitude.  Its been three years chronic for me,  I just keep thinking its a really long cycle and every time I have a pfd I still get excited thinking maybe the cycle is done.  Being chronic makes evey minute pf that much better.  Hang in there.       Phil

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!