Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exercise HARD (Read 2939 times)
Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Exercise HARD
Oct 1st, 2008 at 10:38am

I posted this in my thread in the "getting to know ya". I think it belongs here though.

To clarify my posting times, I work a second shift 6pm to 4am. So my middle of night is around 9am.
I'm up from a cluster again.  I've had these things for a lot of years now and I've gone from nothing but tylenol to taking Imetrex, Zomig, Pred. taper, etc.. And now I'm happy with O2 and exercise. A few days ago I started the killowatt3 and it's really working. I skipped the St. John's Wort before I went to sleep, and here I am - after a massive workout. I decided against the O2 as it doesn't always work when I'm at a k8.

I wanted to say for those who want to try exercise as an abortive, I have great success with it. I've noticed that if I'm slacking it doesn't work. I exercise when out of a cycle but not near as intense as when I'm working to get rid of a CH. I usually run, but I'm gonna start lifting weights more now.

First thing I keep forgetting to say is that I have a playlist on my ipod that is just for my CH workout and I crank it LOUD! It has to be loud enough that it's hard to think. This creates a distraction as well as puts me in hard core mode. This is very important Exclaim Exclaim    Then I start off with a jump rope to get my body loose. Then from there I just do whatever comes to mind. Usually arm curls, bench press, overhead press, and leg squats. I stay constantly moving, so while I'm recovering from bench presses or whatever, I'm jumping rope. INTENSITY IS A MUST!
I hope this can help someone.

In the meantime, I've got my fingers croossed for the killowatt3 mix.

JOHN

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Exercise HARD
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:45pm

Cardio-vascular stimulation can be a good abortive if you start at the onset. However,it can sometimes aggravate the demon. and make things worse as well.
all the best
thebb

NEVER RELAX..ever.
Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:46pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 4:11pm

I prefer to workout flaccid. It's much less embarrassing when running around the 'hood.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 4:50pm

LOL !!!!

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 4:57pm

It all depends on the exercise Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 5:49pm

Quote:
I prefer to workout flaccid. It's much less embarrassing when running around the 'hood.

LMAO!!!!!!   Smiley

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 9:02pm

Now that was stellar,Brew. LMOL Grin Grin Grin
Hee..he.he
thebb

IP Logged

Indestructible
CH.com Newbie

Tomorrow is going to be
a great day!

KCMO
Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 6:36am

Well I already knew I was opening myself up this when I posted.

I tried exercise years ago and it didn't work because I wasn't exercising with high intensity. Now it is the best way for me because I never get rebounds from exercise and I actually feel good between HA's.

High intensity exercise aborts. Comparable to the way O2 only works at high concentrations.

Sorry to hear about your ED and your unfotunate housing situation Brew.  Roll Eyes

"As long as people believe in absurdities,&&they will continue to commit atrocities."&&--Voltaire

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 2:53pm

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your ED and your unfotunate housing situation Brew.   

LMAO  Grin Grin
Good comeback.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:12pm

Indestructible wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 6:36am:
Sorry to hear about your ED and your unfotunate housing situation Brew.  Roll Eyes

Grin

I think.

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 6:12am

I like Mark Twains idea about exercise. Whenever the urge comes over me, I just lay down until it passes.
  Ofcourse in my case it might be 30, or 40 miles before it passes.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 7:44am

Actually I have had the same experience. I am in cycle now (Started 10th September) and usually have about 3 hits a night, where the last one in the morning is the worst (From Kip 6 - 10) I have started doing mass push ups when I wake up from the HA in the morning. It takes care of it and cuts it short. I don't do any other meds though, as I find that using i.e imitrex lenghtens the cycle. The push ups doesn't work if I wait too long and the beast starts biting in hard.

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:04pm

exercise is great.  push ups for me.  Used it more before I found o2.  But sometimes, it is still very effective.  As are hot/cold showers.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #13 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 11:50am

Fast walking & sprinting help me.  The public defender's office is on the 2nd & 3rd floors of a 3 story building, and my coworkers know when I start running around, they can hand me stuff to be delivered anywhere in the office, and sometimes the neighborhood.  It is relatively safe in the building.  I've never fallen on the stairs.

I have run up and down one set of stairs until the worst of a hit was over, and other times run up one set of stairs around the 3rd floor and down another set of stairs, until I can sit still.  the most embarassing thing is when i cant decide which direction to go and run back and forth in the same spot, lol.

I also have gel packs in the freezer at work and a safe spot to rock.

Lately, I've been doing much better, so the co workers have forgotten that I have ch.  That makes it easier for me, somehow.  I'm still chronic but low cycle.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2008 at 11:51am by Charlotte »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!