Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Let me reintroduce myself.. (Read 1104 times)
el-ny
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|brooklyn|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Let me reintroduce myself..
Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:07pm

Hello all..again.. Its been about a year and a half since ive been back to the board. Love the new set up by the way. Some of you older members might of remembered me or maybe not. either way Im a sufferer for last 3 years or so(even though I think I had ch's at an early age and not of known it). from NYC,brooklyn to be exact,and  32yrs young..  Cant say Im happy to be back,for obvious reasons, but nice to see you all keeping strong on the board. makes for a disfunctional family but a family nonetheless. so again a big HELLLLLO!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Let me reintroduce myself..
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:15pm

Welcome back, el, although I suppose it's 'cause of the beast that you've returned.  If so, I hope that it's under some form of control, and you're not getting beaten up too badly.

Sure--I remember you, but I don't recall what sorts of tactics you're using to treat the thing.  If there's anything you're using that has been particularly helpful, or if you have anything you'd like to add to the ongoing (occasionally dysfunctional) conversation, please do so.   Wink

In any event, welcome back--welcome home.

Best wishes,

George
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:16pm by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

el-ny
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|brooklyn|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:31pm

Hey there George. Yeah, I thought I should of included my resume of meds and what not. Currently I use O2 and imitrex as abortives. I was up to 720 mg of verapamil. after a year 240 to 480 wasnt enough. So I bumped it up. it worked wonders but after all this time and reading up on side effects I decided to ween myself off. Bad mistake. Its been about a week and ch's are back with a vengance. so....i had to eat my pride and put myself back on. I love vitamins and supplements since I excercise so i have a conflict of interest in terms of calcium,NO2,etc... Sucks to half to hold yourself back from taking things because of the beast. anywho, looking to try mushroom therapy and lock down the beast for awhile. cant stand putting chemicals in mybody everyday to tame ch's..
I really dont know if I have episodes or chronic anymore. I had a horrible 4 month period of time that once I found my perfect med amount i never came off...until now ,stupidly, cause this was my normal cycle time for attacks. 
I thinks thats about it. I hope you all are keeping the beast in check as well.this board has always made me feel less alone. Thanks

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 8:35pm

Welcome back to the board, be careful with the verapamil. It's a great treatment for CH, a proven prevent, but dosing should only be increased or decreased under the supervision of a doctor.

Sorry you're back, glad you got 02, 30 years and it's stil my first line abortive!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 8:47pm

Welcome back....Start rowing!  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!