Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wow...so many people like me :) (Read 2061 times)
rachelsono
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Wow...so many people like me :)
Oct 1st, 2008 at 11:00pm

It all started last July, I was awaken at 3:30am on the dot by this pain I had never felt before.  I woke my boyfriend up by crys and rocking back and forth.  I couldn't beleive this kind of pain existed. The worst of it was behing my right eye, I could swear I was crying tears of blood.  I took 3 Tylenols (which was a joke) and after an hour the pain subsided enough for me to fall back asleep.  Not knowing anthing about cluster headaches or even that they existed, I remember going to work the next day and telling my co-workers that I thought I had a stoke or somekind of attack in the middle of the night.  Much to my suprise it happened again same time and everything.  As it progressed night after night without fail, I would try to stay awake, take sleeping pills and Tylenol before bed but we all know none of that works.  I finally went to the neurologist.  She had no doubt in her mind that they were cluster headaches, she immediatly put me on steroids and Immetrex.  They finally went away about three days into the pills.
I have now been cluster-free for over a year but I always think about it.  When are they going to come back? What's going to trigger their arrival?  I truly know what everyone with cluster headaches is going through and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Wow...so many people like me :)
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 11:23pm

You've been cluster free for over a year.?   Great.!!!!!!!!!

They'll be back... and hopefully all you read here will help you in the future to deal with these.

Look to the left of here.   Read all the links.   Good luck to you.

Linda

(If you ever need a one-on-one person to talk to you, I am here)

calientev8@sbcglobal.net

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 12:26am

Hi Rachel.  Welcome to the family.  I'm so happy to hear that you have been PF for a year.  Like Linda said that sneaky little demon bastard has a way of showing back up right smack dap out of the blue.  Read all you can and ask questions.  The people hear are so awesome.  They all have tons of knowledge about clusters.  They have all been a godsend to me and my hubby, who is the sufferer in our house.

Please don't worry about the next round with the beast.  Just try to live life to the fullest each and every day while you PF.

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 9:20am

Last Christmas I gave my brother & sister-in-law a plaque which says:

"THE ONLY THING NORMAL AROUND HERE IS A SETTING ON THE DRYER"  <bg>

But they are good people who will offer much support and information.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2008 at 2:13pm by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Newsh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bristol UK
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:18pm

Rachel, hi and welcome, i had bouts for 3/4 months at a time over the last 4 years or so but have been pain free for the last 7 months, i think i just got lucky. Like you, i allways think about the FIEND and know he will return one day. every little twinge or tweak in my eye or jaw makes me think he hath returned. Very best of luck to you, there are a whole lot of knowledgeable and helpful people on this site and it makes you feel better knowing that others know what its like.

Good Luck
Terry

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 4:16pm

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the board.  You have been given good advice about enjoying the pf time.  Keep reading everything you can, so you are prepared to kick some demon butt when he returns.

pf wishes to you,
Beth

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 4:46pm

Hi  Rachel, Smiley

Welcome!   I hope you continue to be pf!  Don't let you guard down though.    Know that we are here if you need us!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 7:17pm

Rachel, Terry, and any others that are out of cycle;

Don't worry about when the beast will be back.  He will, when he is good and ready to, and nothing you do will delay or rush it along.  When it returns, deal with it.

In the mean time, FULLY enjoy life and your pain free status.  Don't give yourself ulcers by worrying.

Live life to your fullest, and when the beast returns, KICK HIS ASS, and continue to live life to its fullest.  Not everyone lives as long as I have (I remember well, advising Noah on tricks of boat building, but he kept getting sawdust in my already gray hair) so live it as well as you can, cause you only have so long on this earth, and you don't want to waste any of it worrying about something that you have no control over!

The old goat
Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 8:12pm

Welcome to the board, glad the prednisone and imitrex whipped it for you. Next cycle...(and there will be one...damnit anyways!!!)....ask your doc about oxygen. Been a miraculous treatment for many on the board. The keys, pure oxygen, using a non re breather mask, at a high flow rate, at least 15 LPM. Will knock an attack out for me in as little as 6 minutes with none of the imitrex hang over!!

Glad you found us, hope you never need us again!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!