Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Acupuncture & Topamax Therapy (Read 1289 times)
River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Acupuncture & Topamax Therapy
Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:05pm

I had tried Lyrica, I thought it was working; it turned out to be just a coincidence that I had a few days without a CH. I started Topamax on Mon, and still had a CH.  I was desperate.  I tried the O2, no luck for me.  On Tuesday I began acupuncture, I am willing to try anything to help!!!  You know the desperation. Tuesday night no CH!  I don't know if the Topamax helped, the acupuncture helped, or my episode is over.  I do know that I finally have hope that tonight I won't have another CH.  It could be a fluke, but I haven't actually felt decent in weeks until today.  I have another acupuncture session on Friday.  If my CHs stay away, I don't care if it is the Topamax, or acupuncture, something helped.
Has anyone else tried acupuncture, and was it successful?
OR should I prepare myself that this is just another coincidence.

/me  Smiley

River

IP Logged

MPMIII
CH.com Veteran

Alabama
Re: Acupuncture & Topamax Therapy
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:46pm

I've wasted plenty of money on acupuncture.  It never did a thing for me.   I think you will find that is the general consensus here.  Do you have a good regulator(15 lpm at least) and a good mask(non-rebreather)?  O2 works most of the time for me, if I catch it early enough, but it never worked until I purchased a quality mask.  Best of luck.

Malcom

IP Logged

River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 5:07pm

Someone else had suggested the non-rebreather mask when I first joined this group, not a problem with my GP. 12-15 LPM and no luck.  I kind of thought other CH suffers would have tried acupuncture, it isn't like it is something new.
Maybe my episode is over, but one day without hardly qualifies for over.....
Pain free life for all....

/me  Undecided

River

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 5:50pm

I tried Acupuncture, and found it to be a waste of my time and money. These days I use 100Mg Topamax and O2. It took the the Topamax a while to kick in, but it works for me. I rarely have to resort to the O2 these days. YMMV

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

River
CH.com Newbie

Hope for Tomorrow

Texas
Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 5:55pm

So from what I am gathering it is the Topamax that is helping me most likely, unless this episode is over, only time will tell.
Good thing I have this site, so I don't waste $$.
This site is soooo great!!!!
Thank you everyone!
River

River

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!