Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rockstar and Euroshopper energy drinks (Read 2285 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Rockstar and Euroshopper energy drinks
Oct 14th, 2008 at 1:51pm

Rockstar energy drink has arrived to Finland and my now-home city of Jyväskylä. Oh yes, I just found 3 kinds of Rockstars at local K Supermarket: original, sugarfree and mango. Back in here, one can is 0.5 litre and costs 2.09 euros normally (it was on offer for 1.99 euros).

The same store chain does have its very own energy drink these days as well in its Euroshopper series. That can is also 0.5 litre and costs just 99 cents. Currently, that is the cheapest energy drink available in this city.

These days there are so many energy drinks available that when the next hits comes, I'm spoiled with choice. Still, I do hope that it will be far, far away...

All the best & PF days,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Rockstar and Euroshopper energy drinks
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:06pm

Hi Sanna,

Here in the NL we have euroshopper as well at Albert Heijn supermarket, and it is pretty cheap compared to Red Bull and the likes. However, I've noticed that I have to take several cans before a hit subsides. No prob, as 4 cans of Euroshopper are still not as expensive as ONE Red Bull.
Just took a can out. It says: 32 mg of caffeine on every 100 ml, and a can is 250 ml. So that's 80 mg in each can. And it has 0,4 % taurine.
Not sure what those really mean, but I guess Red Bull contains more, no? I'm no expert.
But it is a good alternative, and it's the Red Bull rip off I've mentioned few times before.

Regards, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Here the cheapest brand (0,39€ per 250ml can) around is Ener-G.
Ener-G has less caffeine (32mg) and less taurine but tastes a lot better than the rest. I'd rather gulp down two or three Ener-Gs than one of the other energy drinks available here - vomiting sure doesn't help  Wink

Oliver

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 5:56am

Pascal, it sounds like the euroshopper energy drink has the same content there than it does in here. If my memory does not fail me, Red Bulls cans in here are 250ml size and also contain 80mg caffeine and the amount of taurine which you mentioned, so it's the same amount - at least in here.

250ml can of Red Bull costs around 1,50 euros, but can be 1,39 when on offer. I recall seeing 0.5 litre cans of RB also, but I cannot recall the exact cost, but if I recall correctly, it costs more than 2 euros.

Oliver, that's great for you! Back in here I've seen 250ml can cost usually 0.89 euros, only now Lidl offers its Mixxed Up at 0.69 euros.

Sanna

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:11am

Sanna, you could be correct about the amount of both taurine and caffeine in Red Bull, I just was assuming it had more coz it's more expensive.
I for one am very glad that through CH.com I found out about the energy drink trick, but it never does the trick after only one can. That's the second reason for me thinking RB contained more. I usually chug down 2 or 3 before it takes effect. And off course if it's a particularly nasty hit, I start groping for my injectables lol.

PF vibes, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 11:26am

I checked, those bigger Red Bulls cost 2.09 euros.

Pascal, I've noticed that some guys do need more energy drinks for the same effect than I do. One can (250ml) is enough for me. But we're different - in that way, too.

Now, I have one can of Mixxed Up black currant energy drink waiting for the day/moment I'll need it. I hope that will taste bareable at least... Cool

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!