Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone suffering headaches after Clusters stop (Read 1818 times)
boxseller
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Endicott|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Anyone suffering headaches after Clusters stop
Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:07pm

Hi everyone - you were such a great help teaching me about the Cluster Headaches my BF had, now a new question. 

My BF has suffered Clusters for about 25 years.  His last attack ran from May until the middle of August.  After the Clusters stopped he started getting headaches that are more of a pounding type on the top of his head, he usually gets them daily on a KIP scale they are a 4 or 5.  They may last a few hours or all day.  They do not come at night.  He has been off all the meds since mid August.  His blood pressure is normal. 

He's never had this type of headache following the clusters and he wanted to know if anyone else gets these. 

He went to his neurologist who wants to run a bunch of tests next week, but, he hasn't heard of this type of headache after the clusters end.

Thank you

IP Logged

Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Re: Anyone suffering headaches after Clusters stop
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 2:06pm

Hi Box,

I am new to CH (couple of weeks) and wanted to drop a line and say I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

My hubby gets the same type of headach when not suffering from a CH.  He descibes it in the same way.  The only reason we know it is different is because his CH's are only on the right side of his head and face and these ones are more on the top of his head as well.

He has mentioned to his neuro about the "in-between" headaches, but his scans (he's had TONS) are normal and they didn't have an explanation for him.  He got off his meds about 2 1/2 weeks ago and that's when they started.

If you find out anything; drop me a line!

Take care,

Kristen

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

boxseller
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 2:22pm

Thank you, it sounds like it's almost exactly the same for your husband, so possibly it is cluster related. 

I'll let you know if I learn anything more.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 11:36am

I tend to get a lot of "regular" headaches when out of cycle.  I believe that I have read here that it is common for Ch'ers to be prone to different kinds of HAs.

I hope that your BF is feeling better soon.  Thank you for being a great supporter for him!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

boxseller
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 3:28pm

Hi Jeannie;

Thank you.

He has never had any headaches other then the Clusters, and he's had them for 25 years, that's why this is really bugging him. 

Do they usually last for the whole time in between or just a couple of months?  Does anyone know what causes them?  Taking over the counter headache medicine doesn't seem to help, but, they are more of an annoyance then real pain like the Clusters.

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 9:21am

Hi!

I get headaches after my cycle ends, they usually last a week or so. Seems to me to be a sort of tensionheadaches (No wonder) or it might be the system getting back to normal. Nothing to worry about, have some beers, that seems to help, and a little celebration is after all, well deserved after coming out of cycle;-)

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 1:37pm

For me it takes a few weeks for the noggin to heal up after a big long episode. Having headaches more than that could be something else. Good luck on the tests.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

boxseller
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 6:28pm

Thank you for letting me know he's not alone and this is nothing new to some of you (sorry).

His tests came be normal, so that's a good thing.  He's been having the headaches for a little over a month now so hopefully they'll end soon.

Beer and Hot Tub as ordered Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!